Chapter 3

After a half hour of trying to persuade her dad for her to go to the school trip to the hospital. He acted like he was concerned about her catching some contagious disease but he was just not wanting to get her attached to her other parent she was already close to Mary Margaret. Listening to her father worries she walked away from the coughing man and was lead into a room with a coma patient she found a chair and sat next to him bringing her sketchbook out she started drawing feeling comfortable enough to talk about anything random. Henry then walks in.

"Hello Delilah."

"Hello."

Henry sat down with her with his story book next Miss Blanchard walks in.

"Henry Delilah, we could really use your help with the decorations." Blanchard tells the two.

"Is Mr. Doe going to be okay, Miss Blanchard?" Delilah asks.

"His name is not John Doe, honey. That's just what they call people when they don't know who they are." Miss Blanchard explains.

"Do you know who he is?" Henry asks her.

"No. I just bring him flowers on my rounds."

"What's wrong with him?" Delilah asks her.

"I don't know. He's been like this as long as I've been volunteering."

"Does he have any friends or family?" Delilah asks.

"No one's claimed him."

"Aw." Delilah says. "So he's all alone?"

"Yeah. It's quite sad."

Henry stares at John Doe a smile growing on his face.

"Are you sure you don't know him?" Henry asks.

"Of course I'm sure. Come on. You shouldn't be here." Blanchard Henry left with Delilah just a few steps behind as she left her drawing by him. Emma, Henry and Delilah sat at Henry's tower.

"I found two of you's dad Prince Charming." Henry says.

"Henry..." Emma started.

"He's in the hospital in a coma." Henry says.

"The John Doe we saw just earlier?" Delilah asks.

"See this scar? He has one, too." Henry says pointing out his book

"So? Lots of people have scars." Emma rationalize.

"In the same place. Don't you see what this means?" Neither of the girls answered him not wanting to upset the boy. "The curse is keeping them apart with the coma. Now they're stuck without each other. We have to tell Miss Blanchard we found her Prince Charming."

"Okay, kid. Telling someone their soulmate is in a coma is probably not helpful. Not having a happy ending is painful enough, but giving someone unrealistic hope is far worse." Emma says.

"But what if I'm right? We know who they are now they have to know."

"How do you intend to make this happen?" Emma asks.

"By reminding him. We have to get her to read their story to John Doe. Then maybe he'll remember who he is."

Emma leaned in then said. "Okay."

"Okay?" Henry repeats.

"Yeah. We'll do it, but we'll do it my way. Let me ask her."

Emma went to talk to Mary while Henry and Delilah went home the next morning Delilah was home alone she took the chance to wander the forest she knew it was dangerous but it gave her quietness relaxation plus the freedom to do what ever. She trudged through the dirt that clung to her boots. A snap of a stick broke her out of her thoughts. She turned back quickly hitting her head against a rock. Knocking her out.