"Then how does it work?" She asked.

Mason looked at her. "I can't get into all that."

"Because you don't trust me?"

Mason hesitated. It wasn't her he didn't trust.

Sasha nodded slowly in understanding.

She then shook her head. This was all a lot to wrap her head around.

"So this is why you left?"

Mason was quiet for a second.

"Yeah." He finally responded. "It wasn't because of you or anything else... I just had a lot of figuring out to do. And I couldn't do it here."

"Why not?" Sasha asked getting up. "You could have told me."

Mason scoffed.

How was he supposed to tell her? How was he supposed to tell anyone?-

It would have been dangerous and he would have put her in harms way.

"You know, you seem way more relaxed with this information than you should be." He spoke.

"Trust me, I've seen my fair share of weird." Sasha spoke.

She didn't want to tell Mason about vampires or witches or even Ali. She still cared about him but she just didn't know if she could trust him with all that yet. He was a founding family member. For all she knew he would tell the council about Damon and Stefan.

"Because of your 'friends'? Interesting company you've been keeping." Mason spoke.

Sasha watched him trying to keep a straight face. He already knew?

"You know about them?"

Mason smirked. "Looks like I'm not the only one keeping secrets."

Sasha pursed her lips.

As if her secrets were anything compared to his. Hers hadn't involved breaking his heart and shattering it into a million pieces.

"I've got to go." She spoke with a scoff.

"Come on," Mason called seeing that he had made her upset, "let me at least give you a ride."

It's the least he could do after what she had done for him the night before.

"It's okay, I still know some short cuts from when you'd make me sneak out of here early in the morning." She called coldly. "And don't worry I won't get caught."

Mason rushed after her and grabbed her arm pulling her back to face him.

He pushed her against the wall and leaned into her.

"Don't do that... don't say that. It was never like that." He ordered.

Sasha felt herself become still as she looked up at his face which was inches from hers.

Mason could feel her heart racing.

"You've always been so hot when you're mad."he whispered.

Sasha looked at his face, at his lips. The heat from his bare body radiated onto her.

Without another word and as if an unspoken communication had occurred, they both dove into each other.

Mason placed his hand behind her head pulling her in. Sasha wrapped her arms around his neck as their lips pressed together and they kissed each other hungrily and desperately. As if they wanted to catch up on all that time they had wasted.

Mason lifted Sasha and she wrapped her legs around his waist.

He carried her over to the bed and lay her down.