He knew, he could not make the mistake of keeping the holy cross down.

That was perhaps the only thing giving him some strength in this evil world of the demoness.

The distant sobs of the girl, he had been using as his direction compass has slowly died out, leaving him confused.

"I am a human, I can help you!" Professor Sean blasted his throat, out in the air, trying to gauge if he recieves any response.

"I can help you!" He called out again, hoping to be met with a reply as he dragged his feet over the cold floor somehow.

Minutes pass. Suddenly his ears catch a voice, very faint.
The voice keeps flowing out before him, very faint but steady.

With gaping eyes he fumbles as he looks all over around him, hands fixed ahead holding the cross, trying to understand which direction it was coming from.

"Speak louder, whoever you are" he blasted his throat out like a mic, repeating himself again and again.

This technique finally worked, as he could hear and understand those very first syllables coming from somewhere in the void.

"Who is this?"

The tone and ambiance of the voice told professor it must be from the same girl he had heard the broken sobs originate from.

Professor Sean stammers and fumbles with his reply.

"I...I am a human...I have been kept here against my will by the demoness" he shouts out, betting on the hope that these utterings reach the girl.

Again, everything fell silent for a while.
Then again the girl spoke.

"Are you talking of the demoness who used to appear my dreams?"

What does this girl mean?
Is this all just a dream? Why can he not break or snap out of it then?

For a few seconds he hesitated, before replying back.

"Yes...Yes, the same demoness of your dreams" he blurted out loudly.

His voice crackled like duck in its high pitch showing volume of anxious grappling inside professor Sean.

Again, professor waited with baited breath, counting the seconds in the veins thumping inside his head.

Who is this strange girl? How is he able to communicate with her in this abyss?

The questions kept circling him like a relentless pack of wolves.

☯︎

"How long shall we wait for her?" Rexi asked with impaitent eyes as they all stood waiting for Miss Ruth.

It has been more than an hour since Miss Ruth went to make sure the other residents inside the castle were alright.

"We need to go to the castle library urgently, I want to look through everything regarding the past of this place to even get a vague idea what kind of evil force we are up against"

There was a few moments of silence, before Farhan spoke out in a steady tone.

"I think we should seperate out, I and Rexi would go and find Miss Ruth while Zani and Amelia take their time in the library"

Later we can all link up at the library itself, and think of a way of spending the night in a safe way.

"But..." Amelia raised her finger up in doubt.

"But....we are all toghether now, should we again divide ourselves into groups?" She rubbed her hands as she spoke.

"All of us toghether, we are strong, what if divided, we become easy targets for the demoness."

Zani thought for a few seconds before speaking out, trying to balance out the argument Amelia had put out before them all.

"We as four simple humans, are no match for the demoness anyways, unless we find a way to oppose her power"

"For that to happen, we must explore the castle library for anything we find, at the same time we don't want to lose track of Miss Ruth and other residents of the castle, so I think what Farhan suggests will be the best in this situation"

Amelia was ready in attire to present her side and argue for them to stay toghether, but she felt Zani must be seeing it from a very practical viewpoint.

So she took a pause, and then nodded somewhat reluctantly.

"Ok then" Zani spoke out again.

"Let us not waste a single second further, and be on our ways.

Remember to carry your holy crosses with you always.

In case of any danger, hold them close to yourself, they always offer some protection agains devious forces."

A minute or two later, Zani and Amelia left for the Main castle compound while Farhan and Rexi began treading their steps to over to the other side, the residential quarters across the castle courtyard.

Little did they know, it was just their first bloom towards the tsunami of disaster that was going to unfold at the castle soon.