Devastation and Endings

Začít od začátku

Can, what's, what's wrong? You sound so distant. Talk to me, please, askim, she begged.

Looking away from her beautiful face, he inhaled sharply.

Sanem, I, I've made a decision and I need to tell you about it. I had Mamut call the Italian producers. I'm taking the job in Italy, he said, his voice low and tense, his hands starting to tremble. He had to keep it together and get through this.

You..you did? Oh, oh ok, Can. I'm a little surprised you didn't talk to me about it. When did you decide this? she said, her brows furrowed, her heart picking up pace.

I, um, I just did..recently..started thinking that this would be an opportunity that I shouldn't turn down. I'm sorry that I didn't talk to you first, he said.

Can, something's wrong. Why won't you look at me? Are, are you angry? Angry that I took the job with the dance company? You said we would work this out. That the travel part wouldn't be a problem. Can! Look at me, please! she begged.

Turning to look at her, his heart broke seeing her face etched in pain. He couldn't do this. He couldn't hurt her. He stood up to keep from looking at her face, that face of an angel. But he had to. He had to finish what he started. For her.

Sanem, I'm sorry. I, I think we both need a break. We are both taking on new ventures and it would be easier if we didn't complicate things for each other, he spewed out quickly, his breath heaving in his chest.

Grabbing his arm and forcing him to turn around to look at her face, Sanem shook her head.

Whispering, she said with her voice shaking, Can..Can what are you doing? What are you saying? You want to, you want to break up? Is that what you're saying to me right now?

Blowing out of his mouth loudly, he looked away again and answered. Yes, Sanem. I think it's for the best. We can stay friends but this way we can both concentrate on our new jobs.

She couldn't believe what she was hearing and started to tremble violently. He was leaving her. He was ending their relationship and he wanted to be what..just friends? 

Tears starting flowing freely as she sobbed out, Can, don't do this. Don't do this to us. Don't do this to me, Can. You love me and I love you. We can't just be friends. I need you!

His breath caught in his throat as he swallowed down the tears that threatened to drown him. He couldn't see her cry. Her tears were more valuable than his life. It nearly broke him in two to watch her sobbing. 

Don't let go of my hand, Can, please, she pleaded.

Why are you doing this? Why are you pushing me away? Why are you saying we can't be together? Can, don't you want me anymore? she said, sobs now coming uncontrollably.

He couldn't take it and all his restraint broke. His heart was being pulled taut like a string about to snap. He grabbed her and held her tightly to himself, sobbing into her hair.

Sanem, he whispered. He couldn't get anything else out. He was shaking like a leaf with the torrent of pent up emotions.

Shaking his head, he whispered, I can't do this, Sanem. I can't lie to you. I love you more than anything, than anyone, more than myself, he sobbed as he felt her tighten her grip on his waist.

But I can't hurt you anymore either. They won't stop until there's nothing left of us to hold on to. I'd rather leave now then see you in anymore pain. You're better off without me, Sanem. I've brought you nothing but hurt. I have to let you go so that you can live and be happy, follow your dreams, he said, pulling away from her. It felt like his heart was being violently pulled from his chest. He had to leave before he changed his mind.