Opportunities and Sacrifices

Start from the beginning

News? No I've been with Sanem. News about what, abi? Can said questioning what he saying.

Can! Inadina Ask was nominated for Best New Series and you were nominated for Best Actor in a New Series! Can, you've been nominated for the Golden Butterfly Awards! Mamut yelled.

Are you serious? Wow! That's amazing, Mamut. Wow, I'm speechless! Yes, yes, thank you for calling. I'll call Roberto and Tahir in a minute. I want to tell Sanem first. Okay, we'll talk later, Can said excitedly.

Turning around, he saw Sanem sitting still on the sofa with an undistinguishable look on her face.

Sanem, what is it? What did Baris say? he asked, trying to decipher her facial expression.

Can, askim, I've been nominated for a Butterfly Award for Best Performance in Dance! I, I can't believe this! she said, looking at his smile as it grew.

Sanem!! What an incredible honor! Bebek, I'm so proud of you. So so proud of you! he said, laughing as he held her.

Can, I'm so overwhelmed. I just can't believe this is happening to me, as tears formed in her beautiful eyes.

Pulling her closer, he spoke softly in her ear, I can believe it, my love. You are an incredibly beautiful artist and this is an honor that is well deserved. And I have a bit of a surprise for you, he said chuckling. It looks like we will both be at the awards show.

Both? Can? she asked as she pulled away and looked in his eyes with wonder.

Yes, my love. That was Mamut. Inadina Ask has been nominated for Best New Series and I have been nominated for Best Actor in a New Series, he said, smiling.

Can! Can, that is amazing! I'm so happy for you, so proud of you. Oh my goodness, look at us! Taking over the world! she said laughing.

Power couple extraordinaire! he said, kissing her.

Together we can do anything, askim, Sanem whispered. 

Seeing a shadow come over his face, she shuddered and looked closely at his face.

Can, what's wrong? What did I say? she asked with a worried look on her face.

Nothing! Nothing, bebek. You're right. Together we can do anything, he repeated, forcing a smile again.

Sanem didn't want to ruin this beautiful moment with probing questions, so she let it go. But her heart told her that he was holding something back. Was he questioning their relationship? It couldn't be. She was completely confident in his feelings for her. Shaking away the doubts, she held him tighter.

Later that evening, she called the girls and then her parents and Leyla to tell them the news. She had to hold the phone away from ear when her mom heard about the nomination. They were beyond excited for her and even though the venue was too small to allow her any guests to attend, they were overjoyed that Can would be with her to share this moment. They would be watching from home by TV.

__________________

The night of her big dance performance came and Sanem was beyond nervous about it. She was headlining the show, having top billing above everyone else's because Baris would'nt have it any other way.

As the lights went down in the theatre and the music started, Sanem took a deep breath as she walked on to the stage in her gorgeous Cleopatra costume. The audience went wild.

 The audience went wild