Chapter one- Present

11-15-54

The sound of my alarm jolts me awake, ending with my body falling off the bed and onto the floor with a heavy groan.  "What the hell was that?" Amaya's worried voice echos across the small apartment. I stay frozen on the floor not even attempting to move, let alone respond. Footsteps begin to travel closer to my door and after mere seconds  it's flung open. I lift my head up towards the door, revealing Amaya standing above me harshly gripping a frying pan "Are you serious? I thought someone like murdered you or something." I smile in response to her irritation. She gently taps my head with the frying pan then rolls her eyes and laughs.

I hop up off the floor and follow her into the kitchen. "Amaya that alarm clock Is a menace you can't blame me." I say, taking a seat at the kitchen table. She looks back from the stove and laughs. "You're only saying that because it wakes you up. You sleep like a bear in hibernation." I roll my eyes and a frown settles on my lips. "No I don't." Amaya bursts into laughter again, instantly fading my frown. I roll my eyes again and smile. "Okay I will admit my sleeping habits aren't the best..." Her contagious laughter bursts out of her lips once again, causing us both to laugh. 

"Hey, you can't even talk, you wake up at the crack of dawn." Amaya scoffs and stirs the pan full with unfinished eggs. "Well that's better than sleeping for the whole day, don't you think?" I get up out of my seat and playfully push her. She immediately turns and pushes me back. Her hands reach for the pan on the stove, lengthening the distance between us. The pan sparkles with steam. "I wouldn't test me Lola. You may have hard punches but a hot pan beats that any day." I put my hands up in surrender and in response she allows a victory smile to shape her lips. 

Amaya places the pan back onto the stove and quickly pulls her dark curls into a bun. "On that note," I signal to the stove. "How about you finish the eggs and I'll be back to finish them." I give her a convincing smile. "Yes, hurry up though. I can't live without company for to long." We both exchange a smile and I head back to my bedroom. I shut the door behind me and I walk into my closet. Picking out my training bodysuit with a logo of a skull on the back of it.

Of all things, I questioned why the Evader leaders chose a skull to be their symbol. I knew manipulating the intimidation of others was probably the reason why. However, that symbol was not what we stood for. Death was the opposite of justice. I have worked for the Evader spy agency ever since I was seven. The Evader organization has saved my life and many others. The opposing organization the Everlaster's were the ones who stood for death. My sister died because they were too late. I had never thought evil existed in the world, until I was informed about the Everlaster's.

The Everlaster's were known as the Evaders enemy since the beginning of time. Ever since I was seven, I began my journey to giving justice to those who needed it. I started working with the Evaders due to my older sister's death. My sister died when I was only six. I admit, I have very few memories of her, but I knew she was not only a great sister. She was the glue to our family. When the news got to my parents, regarding sisters death, my family broke. People would even go as far as to say that my family shattered.

My sister death resulted from a house party fire, it was said that the Everlaster's knew the whereabouts of the fire. But as you can gather, they never came to the rescue. Not only my sister but hundreds of innocent teens perished. 

My family, especially my parents vowed that they would avenge my sisters death. They raised me to hate the Everlasters. They made it their mission to raise me to be a weapon used against the Everlasters, to finally be the person to settle this war once and for all.

 Ever since, I dedicated my whole life, as well as many others, to taking down the Everlasters once and for all. Over the years I have committed myself to this cause so much that I have both mental and physical scars from what I put myself through. To me, this cause wasn't only to serve me. It was to serve anyone and everyone the Everlaster's hurt.