Chapter 27

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."
-Martin Luther King Jr

《》《》《》《》《》

It had been about four days since I had the dream. We had only been on the road. We'd been collecting supplies, and scavenging for food and water. We were running out, and fast. And We were down to our last bottles of formula for Judith.

I was sitting on the couch with Judith in my lap. Carl was sleeping in the back and dad was in the drivers seat.

"So Dani." Dad spoke.

"Sir?"

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Everything." He paused. "Leaving you when you were younger. I should've taken you with me. But I thought you were going to be better off with your mom because I thought I was a bad father. I wasn't ready to be a dad when you came along. But I promised you I wouldn't leave you and I failed you. I'm sorry. But now, I promise, I will never leave you again. And this time, im keeping my promise."

A smile came across my face. I layed Judith down on the couch and got up and gave dad a hug. He put one arm around me and kept the other on the wheel.

"I love ya dad."

"I love ya too baby girl."

I smiled again. Just like old times.

Rick's POV

"So what's our next move?" Carol asked.

"Quite frankly, I'm not sure, besides get Eugene to D.C."

"I have doughts about him." Michoone said.

"Me too. But what else could we do? Drive around and waste gas? No, we need to find a secure place we could live for a long time." I agreed.

"Your right. But where could we find one?" Carol asked.

"That's a question I ask myself everyday." I responded.

***

"Why didn't you tell us?!" Abraham yelled.

"Im-Im sorry. I just thought a group was my best chance to have a higher survival rate." Eugene said.

"People have died trying to get you there." Rosita commented.

"I know. And im terribly sorry."

"You should be." Abrahm growled, then he punched Eugene and he fell to the ground.

"Abraham!" Rosita yelled.

He looked at the ground with a blank expression on his face. He stormed off to the car he was in.

"Put him in the RV." I said to Daryl and Tyreese. They lifted Eugene and took him inside.

"Dad?" I looked down and Carl was standing there.

"Yea?"

"What now?" He asked.

"I don't know son, I don't know."

****

Sorry this chapter is so short. This was just a filler because I am ending this book soon. There will be a sequel so I'll give y'all more details as we finish up the book.

Thanks for reading!