27. Percy Is Pretty, Deal With It (Looking at you, Apollo)

Beginne am Anfang

"You think that telling him will change how he thinks of you? How he acts around you?"

I frowned. That's exactly what I had been saying but the words sounded different put that way.

We were on the border of the forest now, and I could sense a clearing not so far away. This Forest pulsated with ancient power, ancient Greek power. I pushed that creeping feeling away. It's probably because this was made by Hecate. And because the forest was home to Greek creatures. Ares had told us about that centaur he met. Azariah?

"I'm not going to tell Percy I know. About Gabe." Apollo said resolutely.

"How come?"

"It's.... I just-" He sighed, shaking his head and restarting. "I wasn't meant to know about it. If he chose not to tell me, I will respect that. I don't want to confront him about it. He'll tell me when he's comfortable enough, y'know? I don't want to force him to tell me just because I already know about it."

"But how much do you know?" I asked, slightly confused.

"The bare minimum. Only that it happened. I know no details, and frankly speaking, I don't need to know them unless he thinks it's ok."

"There's something else, Apollo. Goddess of Love, remember? I can sense emotions very easily."

He snorted. "Unless it comes to Ares."

"Hey! That's a low blow. And don't try changing the subject."

"Ok, ok, jeez. I don't want to tell him I know because I don't want to throw whatever we have - me and him - into jeopardy. I don't want to risk losing it- losing him."

I smiled warmly, even if he couldn't see it. I didn't know how much Apollo knew he felt, but I could tell something was up with him and Percy.

As we neared the clearing, we each left to our own respective demigods. Apollo waved me bye, leaving me alone with Nico and Ares. My breath caught in my throat when I saw Ares, but he barely spared me a glance. The hope I had was steadily sinking, but I pushed on. I could do this. Totally.

Apollo

The amount of care and high regard Ares held Silena in was clear as day. I wasn't worried about his reaction. I knew those two. They'd had many arguments, and the only person he's ever apologised to was Aphrodite. Ever. He hadn't even apologised to Zeus when he almost broke his Lightning Bolt.

I remember a time, back when we were younger. Ares and Aphrodite were the closest out of all the Gods, to the point where they were almost insufferable. And then, Zeus decided to marry her off to Hephaestus. His intentions were sort of clean - he knew that Hephaestus was faithful and caring, and would treat Aphrodite well. Somehow though, I don't think he ever realised how much of a drift her marriage caused between her and Ares, even if that was his main reason for marrying her off.

I shook my head, clearing them from those thoughts. Instead, I put all my focus on the demigod who stood infront of me.

"Percy?"

Percy smiled at me. I internally cringed. Fuck, not telling him I knew was going to be harder then I thought.

Concern knitted his brows, and he stepped closer to me. "Apollo? Are you feeling ok? You look a little pale."

He lifted his hand to my forehead. He was so close I could smell him - a soft mix of sea salt and lavender. I melted into his warmth, his scent. And with the next breath I took, I was reminded of our close proximity. I nervously cleared my throat, taking a step back.

"I'm fine."

He raised an unimpressed eyebrow, but didn't question it. "So, what's first?"

"You have both mine and Artemis' blessing, so first, archery."