Part 13

POV Darian

      She's here. She's actually here. I can't believe it, all this time I've been waiting. Hoping she would come back. And finally... after so long she's back.

    'When do we start with the plan?' I sign to Gabriel.

      "Soon. Wait for Blake to get back and we'll talk with him about it." He smiles softly at me and looks down at his plate looking somewhat upset. I look at him confused, doesn't he want this? After everything she did, doesn't he want revenge? To make her go through what he, or well all of us went through. I tap the table getting his attention.

      'What's wrong? Do you not want this or something?' I ask once his attention is on me.

      "I do. I really do, it's just... it's Maddie. You know? She's what saved me from my father and was always there for me. I hate her and I hate what happened because of her. But I'm fine. I want this to happen, need it to happen." I smile and continue to eat my food as he does the same.

     'When is Blake coming back?' I sign. He looks up at me and checks his phone.

    "He should be home soon. He told me 11:30, it's 11:10 right now." I nod and we both finish eating. I stand up and retreat back to my room like I usually do. I know Blake and Gabriel want me to be normal. I know they want me to go back to the person I once was. I know they want to hear me talk again. I know they want more from me. But I can't give them more than I'm already giving them. The memories haunt me, they break me as I remember, and I've tried to get rid of them. I've tried everything, but it doesn't work and I don't think anybody understands that. I mentally and physically can't give anyone anymore than they're already getting because as the days pass, I lose who I once was every fucking second. The sad thing? I can't stop it. I can't do anything about it. All I can remember is those days, as they went on and on for what felt like forever. And nothing will help me recover from it, but revenge on the person who made it happen? That is everything. And once I get that revenge, I'm free. Free to leave this god forsaken place. Free of the memories that haunt me. Free of everything and that is the most important thing to me right now. I thought once Madeline left that all hope would be gone. I remember I would sit in my room for hours waiting for everything to end. I thought it would, but apparently the world had other plans for me. It's okay though, once I get revenge it'll all be done. No more pain, no more sad looks from the two people I love the most. I won't have to hurt them anymore.

———————————————————

Pov Madeline

     "Fine don't answer me. What do you want?" I ask looking at Blake expectantly.

    "Wanted to welcome you home of course." He smirks.

    "Why?" I ask confused.

    "Because Madeline, I want you to know we are giving you one week." He tells me the smirk gone, his face hardened showing no emotion.

  "One week for what?" I back away from him more when he moves closer. We're both standing up now, him towering over me.

  "To live your life as you want." He shrugs and moves closer. I try to back up but I hit the wall instead. He puts both his hands on either side of my head and leans in. "After that one week though? Expect the worst because we aren't letting you go this time."

"What....what do you mean? Kyan-" I tried to say but he cut me off.

"Don't call me that. You lost that privilege long ago, Madeline." He says before backing away. "I'll see you soon."