Stand Tall,, FORTY THREE

BREAKING AND ENTERING

➥ BREAKING AND ENTERING

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"So... You wanna tell me why we're at school during summer break?" River asked.

"I don't have summer school" She chuckled. Willa rolled her eyes and smiled. "Chill, we're not here for actual school" She says. "Then why are we here?" River questions. "Remember when you told me that I should teach you how to dance?".

"I never once told you that" River answers Willa as she shakes her head. "Yes, you have" Willa nods. "No, I—" Rio says, crossing her arms. "Anyways! Tonight I'm going to teach you" Willa announced. "By being at school?" River sassed as her werewolf girlfriend grabbed her hand, leading them away from the front of the school.

"I mean I know that they have a dance room and all but it still doesn't make sense".

"And it's the only one in town, Doll" Willa said; "That I'm aware of...".

"I thought anywhere could be your stage?" River points out. "That is also true" Willa chuckled. Stepping over a tree trunk, Willa leads River around it. "Careful" Willa mutters as River giggles. "But I don't want to take you just anywhere, Ri" Willa continues to express the topic. "So you decided that taking me back to this depression prison was the best place?".

Never getting a response, Rio eventually looks at her surroundings. She stares at her reflection in front of a large glass door and realizes that they are somewhere in the back of the school. Willa's eyebrows furrowed briefly as she picked the lock to get inside. "Willa, why are you—?".

"Shh. I need to focus" Willa tells River.

"Oh" Rio came to her realizing what her girlfriend was doing. "Oh, no" River laughs. Willa shakes her head and continues her work in the process of picking the lock. "No, no, no, no, no" River paced around. "I-I'm not going to prison for you, Willa!" River begins to debate with herself. "I mean I would- no! No one is worth going to prison over!".

"It's just a school building, Babe" Willa reassures Rio, laughing to herself.  "They should be happy we're here and not texting while driving" Willa said. "Now that's... that's way worse, you know?" She sassed. "I gotta go to college!" Rio hissed.

"I want to get my art degree, get rich off of my hard work," Willa swayed her head towards the side and unlocked the door to get inside the school; "—fall off the face of the earth in New York and pop out with the love of my life and kids in seventeen years from now!".

"Kids, Willa!" River huffs, fans her hands in her face for the air to calm down. "And we're gonna have them" Willa mutter before she turns around to see her girlfriend. "What?" Rio questions. "Nothin'" Willa grins. The werewolf puts her hands on her human girlfriend's shoulders and stares at her.

"Hey".

"Hey...".

"Close your eyes and breathe" Willa tells her. Trying, Rio lets out a shaky sigh and counts down in her head as Willa soft, calming voice spoke. "What sounds more calming?" Willa began to ask. "Birds singing in the morning or the waves of an ocean meeting with the shore?".

"How does that—?" River wanted to question the question but Willa stops her. "Ocean or Birds?" The wolf says. "The ocean" River answers. "Good" Willa whispers as she opens her eyes. Seeing the shorter girl before her had calmed down, Willa kissed her forehead.

"Just breathe, love" Rivers opens her eyes and softly smiles.

"You know I got you, right?" Willa questions as she held onto River's hand. River nods. "Besides this is nothing" Willa says. "We've done it before with no problem" Willa held the door open for Rio. "I'm sorry, what?" The Barbadian girl's eyes widen. "Come on. We're wasting dating time just standing out here" Willa playfully pushes her forward and she closes the door behind them.

"You broke into the school before?" Rio asked.

"That was before I knew you" Willa answers with a grin.

River frowned as she constantly looked around the dark hallways of SeaBrook High. "So creepy" She thought. "Relax" Willa added. Willa rests a hand on Rio's back after noticing her uneasiness. "Nothing about this is relaxing, Wils" River says as she and Willa stood in the hallway, facing each other.

"I can help with that" Willa said, a playful glint in her eyes and a sly smile.

Rio scoffs at the action and the wolf's sentence. Her annoyed features soon softened as Willa's playful look turned into an adoring gaze. "Breaking and entering is real smooth, Lykensen" River says, holding her head down to calm down her ever growing smile. "You think so?" Willa chimed, nudging Rio side with her elbow.

"Let's just go" River walks away to search for the dance room.

"You're confident all of a sudden" Willa says, trailing behind her girlfriend.

──── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────

Turning every other corner of the school to get to the dance room seemed almost impossible and way longer than they had remembered.

"Was it always this far?" Rio groaned. "It's literally right here. Stop being dramatic" Willa pointed down the hallway. "Too far" Rio whines. Willa rolls her eyes, turning to face the lockers, and squats down to her girlfriend height. "Just come on" Willa says.

"You're too sweet!" River beams before hopping onto Willa's back.

Supporting her by the legs under her arms, Willa walks them over towards the dance room.

"See? Right here" Willa said. Rio jumps down to the floor of the school and shrugs. "You only got over here faster because you have better speed than me!" River said. "You are just lazy" Willa replied. Willa picks the lock, focused on her task.

Willa glances at River with a smirk; "Be a good lookout, will you, Honey?"

River raises an eyebrow. "Lookout? There's no one here" Rio tells her werewolf girlfriend. "We don't know that" Willa chuckled. With a long eye roll, River looks to the side at Willa. "You're no fun. Take a joke, no one's here" After that Willa pauses, and thinks about it.

"....Maybe?".