Stand Tall,, THIRTY THREE

TELLING JOKES IN A NO-LAUGHING MATTER

➥  TELLING JOKES IN A NO-LAUGHING MATTER

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Like, I really can't believe her!" River shuts the door to the house as she conversed with Lilith on the phone.

"I know... it's crazy" Lilith mutters from the other line with muffled sound of a chip bag being opened in the background.

Lilith was the second one to call after the somewhat argument happened at school. Mason wouldn't even acknowledge the fact Rio was on the call and would've fallen asleep. Jupiter wasn't answering her phone and Willa, the other girl she would mostly rant to about her problems, was the problem.

"Right! And she didn't even bother to make up an actual excuse for why she just backed out, Lil!" Rio was still upset about everything, now more than before.

"She's too complicated sometimes" She groans. "I mean she's better than guys you've dated" Karma says as she walks out of the kitchen with a bowl of green grapes. "Stay out of this" River rolled her eyes, grabbing grapes out of the bowl. "As I was saying...just like today she seemed against the contest for some reason" River continued to talk on the phone.

"I mean if she didn't want to be in the competition in the first place, she should've just said that!".

"Did you pressure her into doing something again? 'Cause you're known for doing that" Karma states.

"Why are you in my conversation?!" Rio glared at her little sister.

"Look, I'm just saying, you should probably hear her out again" Karma suggested. "She's not wrong, R" Lilly says. "Whatever. I'll call you later" River said. "Okay" They end the call. River placed her phone in her back pocket and crossed her arms.

"What're you doing?" She asked.

"What ever do you mean?" Karma asked as her movie started. "Why are you suddenly so concerned about my dating life?" River asked. "Oh, trust me, I'm not" Karma says with a scoff. "But?" River rolled her wrist. "But...she's different" Karma said. She chuckled.

"You should've seen the way she talked to mom yesterday" Karma said; "It was very entertaining".

"Wait, what? She came over?" Rio questioned as she sits down on the couch next to her sister.

"Yeah" Karma nods. "She basically talked mom's ears off about you and how much she cares about you even if mom didn't like her" She stated. "No dude- I mean no dude, nada, zero point zero point zero—".

"Just get to the point" River groans.

"—has ever been able to talk to Mom and actually impressed her. But Willa did" Karma nudged her sister's arm. "Mom said that? That-That she impressed her?" Rio asked. Karma stops watching her movie for a moment and turns to her sister. "Well, not verbally but it was pretty clear that she did" Karma answers.