makayla climbed out of bed, walking to her closet and pulling out the nearest clothes

makayla climbed out of bed, walking to her closet and pulling out the nearest clothes. she did her make-up quickly and styled her hair. she zoned out as she brushed it, thinking about her friends and how thankful she was for them.

ryan had literally been a life saver. he barely left the room unless he had classes, and even that was after makayla reassured him twenty times she would be fine. he was chris' friend, but he had her back, and that meant a lot to the brunette girl.

she put her jacket and shoes on and then went down to wait in the lobby. she was only waiting for a few minutes before she saw the van pull up where ruby was sitting in the passenger seat. makayla climbed into the back, and they smiled at her.

''i'm surprised you're skipping.'' makayla said.

ruby rolled her eyes with a smile. ''i just can't say no to a certain brunette boy.''

matt blushed slightly, turning back to makayla with a smug smile. ''she means me.''

''i know, you dick.'' she laughed. ''what's happening with you both? are you together now?''

they both looked at each other, silent for a moment, and then matt nodded. ''yeah.''

''matt!'' ruby exclaimed. ''you haven't even asked me!''

''i know, but i only want you and you only me, so that makes you my girlfriend.''

she went to argue before hesitating and then smiling. ''okay.''

''finally.'' makayla groaned. ''we've been waiting for this since forever.''

''it's your fault we're not together sooner, mak!'' matt suddenly said. ''ruby told you that she liked me, and you didn't even tell me!''

''i was being a good friend to ruby!'' she protested. ''and i told you to talk to her, so i was being a good friend to you!''

he was quiet for a minute and then sighed. ''i guess that's true.''

ruby looked at her friend. ''what about you? have you spoke to you-know-who?''

matt looked at her doubtfully. ''i know who you're talking about.''

''i know. i just don't want to say his stupid dumb fucking name.''

makayla burst into laughter. ''ruby, you can not say that.''

''why not?!'' she exclaimed.

''because he's matt brother!''

''he is stupid and dumb.'' matt agreed. ''this whole situation feels like a fucking fever dream.''

''tell me about it.'' makayla muttered. ''i've been cheated on twice...unlucky is not the word.''

matt shook his head. ''mak, it makes no sense.''