𝟶𝟹𝟹 | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚊𝚠𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙰 𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛

Start from the beginning

Thus, Leonora started her slowed trudge through the woods, mentally preparing to manipulate the molecules upholding the space she provides, allowing her to become un-seeing to the naked eye. As she walked through the chaotic streets, bodies of individuals rammed through her yet not colliding.  It was as though she were a mere ghost amongst the living souls, an outsider to a group of insiders - Leonora was nothing more than just a mutter upon chapped lips. She could not help it, yet, she felt as though she were already dead, a soulless omen wandering aimlessly.

As the lonliness and self-doubt set in, Leonora motivated herself with each step that brung her closer to her love - closer to him. Her strides became powered as she moved towards the Gilbert Residence, the knowledge of future events swirling within her mind, prompting her to move faster. Her feet dragged up the steps of the porch, the creaking melody of the swing stung her ears, goosbumps rising on her cringed skin.

Looking through the window, Leonora saw the two Gilberts, Tyler Lockwood and Alaric Saltzman all wearing a range of expressions upon their faces. Elena looked none the happier to have Klaus's sired hybrid casually sipping juice while sat at her dinner table, she assumed Alaric had similar feelings considering the covered grim frown overshadowing his face.

Shaking her head, Leonora reaped her face of the stray strands that had grown thin and split due to the lack of care for her own body. Her fingers slowly tensed in a closed fist, her eyebrows furrowing with focus as she teleported within the residence; the occupants words meeting her ears.

"This is weird. Klaus has hybrids stalking me and now you're just sitting in our kitchen." Elena's cautious voice muttered out, her arms wrapped around herself in some form of protection.

Leonora walked foward so she was able to lean herself against the table, watching as Tyler glanced around awkwardly. "Look, maybe I should go..."

"Oh, stay. You're not doing anything." Jeremy quickly came to Tyler's side, warningly looking to his sister at her blatanly obvious dislike for his newest friend.

Elena nodded, pretending to provide sympathy for the hybrid. "Unless you have to, you know, check in with your hybrid master."

The invisible girl watched with an unreadable expression upon her face, if Leonora were to vocally express her feelings - she was just waiting for Alaric to die. Despite indirectly being belittle, Tyler laughed. "It doesn't work like that, Elena."

Alaric came to sit at the table, all the occupants (minus Leonora) were sitting around the table now, a tense atmosphere filling the air. "Tell me Tyler...What is the difference between being sired and being compelled?" Alaric asked the newly turned hybrid.

Leonora tilted her head in thought, for she had never concluded the two of being much difference. Considering, Tyler was granted vamperism against his will, thus, creating the sire bond. Compulsion is a similar transaction. Therefore, she was invested in the answer.

"Compulsion-that's just mind control-like hypnosis. And being sired is...it's like faith. You do something because you believe it's the right thing." Tyler explained. Leonora placed a hand upon her chin, contemplating the facts within the hybrids answer. Compulsion was hypnosis, and being sired could be considered a form of worship for a common diety within the sired's mind. Yet, Tyler had not willingly handed over that faith, for, Klaus had unconsensually given him this belief of relief against the werewolf curse. So, could it be considered a faith if it was forced upon you?

Elena spoke, her arms still wrapped around herself with a protective manner. "So you believe that serving Klaus is the right thing?" She asked the hybrid.

Tyler shook his head with a confusion. "I don't serve him. Klaus released me from a curse that was ruining my life. I owe him for that."

Leonora leant forward, intruiged with the matter. "Huh..." She whispered out, her voice-box scratchy and almost mute from the lack of use. The belief of faith towards Klaus is definitely there, however, it's misjudgely placed. Klaus did not free Tyler of his curse with the intention of gaining a follower - a worshipper. Klaus killed Tyler, and supposedly freed him off his curse to target the emotions of other individuals.