CHAPTER 05 (Lex)

Cale ventured deeper into the forest of darkness and strangely the further he goes the lesser monster he sees.

It was odd, furthermore he had an eerie feeling about the place. However he wasn't scared. He had a God with him.

[Why did they dub such a low monster ranking forest as this with the name forbidden forest of darkness?? Shouldn't they treat this place as a training ground for knights???]

A God who doesn't think normally in mortal standards. Cale arrived in a cave entrance.

'Do i go in??'

[You should]

Cale gathered his strength and proceeded to stride forward. It was dark the deeper he gets.

And so he used his cousin's ability which was able to illuminate the room.

[Who would have thought you'd use THAT power for merely lighting the place...]

'It is suited for the location'

He argued, the God grumbled.

Cale reached the end of the cave and found nothing. 'Is this it?'

He wondered if the World tree lied to him.

He was about to go back when he heard the God whisper directly to his ear.

She's behind the wall

The god's presence then disappeared without a trace. Cale stared at the stone wall in front of him.

'...'

He switched abilities —apparently he was only able to use one ability each time because his physical stature — it would take a large toll on his body.

Cale reached out his hand to touch the stone wall. And just as he closed his eyes the wall crumbled almost in an instant.

And there greeted Cale another pathway however this time this pathway had light. Cale walked inside and almost smacked himself when he saw what waited at the end of his path.

It was a floating girl which looked roughly about 12 years old.

'What the fuck is this?!'

She was levitating above the ground surrounded by black smoke, her face was covered with dark lines and her arms were all black down to her feet.

Cale felt dizzy and almost fell back however he managed to stand down his place and looked at the girl.

[Looks like she was used as a sacrifice]

'Sacrifice? For who??? Which scoundrel would use a child as a sacrifice?!'

Cale looked at the black smoke coming out of the ground and wondered what it was.

[It's a power I am familiar with, it's not that bastards power but that miscreant's]

Cale wondered why this god had so many beef with other gods but set it aside for now.

"How do i..."

How can he get the girl out of that smoke? The world tree said his abilities would help..but which one?.

He remembered what his great grandmother said to him.

"Cale do you know why I'm not afraid of any Gods? I can curse them all i want!"

She seemed excited and was in the form of a child yet still had an aura of a person who's lived more lives than him.

"It was because of the ability my God gave me"