FIVE.

So here was the thing. Y/n was an adult, yes—but he currently attended college in hopes to get a degree, which would result in better job options.

Did he seriously need it now, though? He couldn't help but wonder. Since he was now technically getting all his finances paid by a naga...

Financial security was hot as hell.

It had been three days since the whole dramatic reveal, and Y/n was rather apprehensive about it all. The arrangement, as Aruna had put it—was still unsettling. Y/n made it a point, ever since that day, to slather on layers upon layers of soap, hoping to disguise whatever scent he had (a good scent, he heartily hoped) but it never seemed to dampen the naga's affections towards him.

Aruna wasn't in love with him, frankly speaking, but he certainly did like him, even if it was just a tiny morsel of affection. For what? Besides his scent, besides all that complicated snake-things...really, did Y/n have any assets? Besides patheticness? His poor ass?

Y/n groaned.

"You really should stop thinking about it," Nadia prompted, "if it was me, I would be delighted," she snarked, "god. You are so lucky. It's all thanks to me. You'll never ever have to worry about bills ever again! Think about that!"

Okay, that did sound appealing, Y/n couldn't deny.

"You're acting like we're married," Y/n pointed out the obvious, "but look here. There's a possibility he might lose interest. There's no guarantee that after all this, and after I burn a hole in his wallet—okay, that's highly impossible—but my point is, there's always a chance that this will all topple over."

"Hey! Aruna did mention the app was to find their mates," Nadia frowned, "and Nagas mate for life." She wiggled her eyebrows at him.

Geez, Nadia. Not subtle at all..

Heat crawled up Y/n's ears as he recalled how that night had ended.

"You're turning red," Aruna furrowed his eyebrows, "is this a human thing?"

"Ugh. It's called blushing!" Y/n turned away, hiding his face—"can you like, stop being stupidly hot, for a second—"

"I'm cold blooded, though?"

Even his ignorance was hot.

"It's a figure of speech," Y/n mumbled, "you're talking so intimately. Of course I would be flustered, right? Humans blush when they feel flustered. And I mean, anyone would blush if they were me."

Especially with a thick tail wrapped around their waist. Possessiveness was hot. The consensual kind.

"So you're embarrassed," Aruna said slowly, his voice a drawl. Was he doing this on purpose? "That's strangely adorable, I must say.." His tongue flickered out—catching the skin of Y/n's ears, and he shuddered.

"Okay, okay! Stop it," Y/n burst out, "I'll see how it goes, okay? Are things going badly with Alexis or something? Stop poking around my love life!"

"Rude for you to assume that," Nadia said, offended—"things are dandy. But I mean, why wouldn't I be excited when my dear friend finally got a fucking boyfriend? A billionaire-naga-hot boyfriend! You hit the jackpot!"

"Don't talk about him like he's an object," Y/n grumbled, "he's nice."

"Technically, he's a reptile." Nadia reminded, "and why are you so grouchy? Not having your morning coffee, or something?"

Y/n rolled his eyes. He felt like a jerk for thinking this but—could Nadia just shut up? For a second?

"Lay off my back, will you?" He sighed, "it's not that. It's just...everything happened so fast, and I'm still wrapping my head around..the whole Naga thing. It's not an easy thing to get used to."