𝟑.𝟏𝟖 𝘿𝙚𝘼𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚

Start from the beginning

"What's Jason doing here?" Hanna asked, her question having snapped Sophie out of her thoughts once more. 

Sophie turned her head towards the door to the Brew and sure enough she saw Jason making his way into the shop, his eyes scanning the crowd for his girlfriend. 

Her eyes caught Jason's as soon as she turned around, knowing his was there filled Sophie with a type of comfort she knew she couldn't get from anyone else. She watched as Jason exchanged a few words with Spencer, before the two strolled back over to the girls. 

"Hey" Jason smiled, leaning down to peck Sophie's lips.

"Hi" Sophie replied, "you alright?"

"I've got something to tell you guys" Jason told them, eyes dancing across all of the girls. 

He leant against the green armchair that Sophie was sitting on, arms crossing against his chest as he spoke to the girls. Spencer remained off to the side, not fully integrated in the conversation, much like she was earlier. 

Jason cleared his throat before starting, "We're keeping this kind of quiet but they've released Ali's remains to my family. There's gonna be a re-interment"

"She's being buried again?" Emily asked, her voice softening as she spoke. 

"Not in the ground, in the mausoleum" Jason said, "there'll be a service, family only but I've arranged for you guys to have some time after my parents leave"

Jason turned to look at Sophie as he spoke and the blonde offered him a small smile before she took his hand in her own, trying to offer him at least some comfort. 

"Thank you" Emily smiled. 

"There's something else" Jason said once more, "the things we put in the casket with Ali, they're still missing – some of them" he glanced down at Sophie, knowing about hers,  "The state police think whoever opened the grave is keeping them as some kind of sick souvenirs. The cops figure out when they find those, they'll find the creeps who did this – I think they're right"

Jason glanced over to Spencer, who stood behind him with no emotion on her face at all. 

"Look, I just wanted you guys to hear it from me" Jason told them, "I'll text you when I know the details about saying good-bye to Ali"

"Don't bother" Spencer cut in, "I've said all the good-byes I want to say"

"Spencer" Emily warned. 

"What?" Spencer snapped, "she's saint Ali now? Are her bones relics or something?"

"Spencer stop" Hanna scolded, "you need to dial it back"

"No, you dial it back" Spencer retorted, "I'm finished with all of this"

"Okay that is enough" Sophie finally cut in, eyes narrowing in Spencer's direction. 

"You guys want to pay a visit to the crypt keeper that's fine, it's your business" Spencer continued, "but keep me out of it!"

When Spencer turned to leave, Sophie stood up to follow the girl out. However, Jason's hand wrapped around her wrist, pulling her to a stop. 

"Don't" Jason advised. 

"We'll be there" Aria said after a moment. 

Sophie and Jason had quickly dismissed themselves from the rest of the girls shortly after. The blonde was absolutely livid with Spencer right now. She understood that Alison wasn't a saint and the more they uncovered about her, the less they felt like they knew her. But she was still their best friend – was their best friend.