𝟑.𝟎𝟏 𝙄𝙩 𝙝𝘼𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 '𝙩𝙝𝘼𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩'

Start from the beginning

Sophie raised an amused eyebrow in Spencer's direction. The blonde was actually impressed that her friend knew words longer than six letters. 

"Internship for Vera Wang"

"Wait, you interned for Vera Wang?" Emily asked. 

"Uh...yeah, I changed my mind" Hanna dismissed, "turns out they want you to work for free" 

The clunk of a trunk shutting outside caught the girls' attention, all their heads whipped around at the sound of the noise. 

"Was that a car?" 

Maybe Sophie hadn't exactly gotten used to not looking over her shoulder. 

Distracted by the sound of the car, Emily took the chance to reach forwards and pour more vodka into her cup from the flask sitting on the coffee table in front of her. 

"Woah, slow down Em" Aria teased, noticing Emily's actions first, "they're already pretty strong"

"Easy for you, you're a pixie" Emily retorted, "I've gotten really good at this"

"So, Soph, how was your summer?" Spencer said, turning to blonde and directing the attention away from their tanned friend. 

"It was great" Sophie practically beamed, "really great actually. We told my parents and like Han said, we stayed in Cape May for most of the summer" 

"You know I've always wondered what you two do" Hanna said slightly dazed, "I mean we know him and Ali's - and now Spencer's - older brother"

"We do a lot of stuff Han" Sophie chuckled, "most of the time we just spent by the lake, we rented a boat out a few times and-"

"And had adult sleepovers" Hanna interrupted, a suggestive look in her eyes as she playfully nudged the blonde girl. 

"Han!" Sophie exclaimed and she couldn't help the pink blush that settled on her cheeks, "you're not wrong but ew" 

"Okay I don't want to hear about your sex life with my brother!" Spencer laughed, shaking her head and placing her hands over her ears. 

The girls all shared a laugh, and for a second even Emily joined in. Honestly, Sophie had forgotten how it felt to just be normal. The traumas the girls had experienced over the last two years meant that moments like this were extremely rare. For a moment, they were just normal teenagers. 

Spencer's phone beeped and shortly after Sophie's did too and it was followed by the rest of the girls' phones going off. The mood had drastically dropped and the girls shared a wary look as they reached for their phones. 

Maybe Sophie hadn't gotten over it as much as she thought. 

"Show me your boobs, A" Spencer read aloud. The girls had all received their fair share of prank texts after the news of Mona had gotten out. 

"Does Mona have a ten year old brother?" Aria scoffed. 

"A for annoying" Emily added. 

"Are these ever gonna stop?" Hanna asked, shutting off her phone and dropping it on the sofa beside her. 

"Eventually we'll be old news" Sophie sighed. 

She remembered Jason telling her that the first time she received a prank text of someone pretending to be A. now it was the other way round, she was the one telling him that every time he would get angry whenever her phone would go off with another prank text. 

"Yeah, and then, Garrett will go on trial, and we'll be news again" Aria stated dryly, "or Mona will start talking and we'll be news again" 

"Or I'll show someone my boobs and we'll be news again" Emily drunkenly snapped.