The room was dimly lit, with only the gentle glow of the nightlight illuminating the scene.

She lay on the bed, her body frail and weak, her breathing soft and shallow. He stayed by her side, watching over her, feeling helpless and unsure of what to do.

"Zoe.." bulong niya at hinigpitan ang hawak sa kamay ni Zoe.

He couldn't bear the thought of losing her, of being without her. He had been selfish, he had wanted her to stay.

"Kamusta pakiramdam mo?" Tanong ni Ken.

"Hurts.. everything hurts.."

He bit his lower lip, feeling helpless. "I'm sorry...

..But please, please, hold on for a little more. Alam kong kaya mo yan. Nandito kami sa tabi mo."

Bumaba ang kaniyang tingin sa lalaking ayaw niyang makita na nahihirapan siya. "Ken.. I'm tired.." nanghihinang tugon ni zoe.

"I-I.. I know but can you not go?" Unting unti namumuo ang mga luha sa mga mata ni Ken.

"Napag usapan na natin 'to.."

Napayuko naman si Ken ng marinig niya ito.

"I know.. I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice choked with tears.

"I-i'm so sorry. I'm so selfish. I didn't want to let you go." Pagsusumamo nito at hinigpitan ang paghawak sa kamay ni Zoe.

"I wanted you to stay with me forever, to keep fighting."

She nodded, understanding his feelings. "But sometimes, it's okay to let go," she replied, smiling weakly. "To rest."

Agad namang naalarma si Ken at tumingin ng daretso sa mga matang puno ng pagod at paghihirap. "But..! marami ka pang pangarap na gustong tuparin hindi ba? Paano na yun? Paano na yung mga gusto mong gawin na hindi mo nagawa? Paano na yung parents mo? Paano na ako?"

Napangiti nalang si Zoe ng mapait at umiling. "Ganun talaga ang buhay, minsan may hindi ka matutupad na gawin dahil kulang kana sa oras...

..I can't be with you, Ken.. I'm sorry, I can't stay by your side.."

"Please, don't go," he begged, his voice breaking.

"I need you! I can't imagine life without you. Ikaw ang dahilan kung bakit nandito pa ako.. Kung bakit buhay pa ako.. You saved me so I'm your responsibility... hindi mo ako pwede iwan.." He desperately rest his head on her shoulder, trying to feel her warmth.

But she was too weak to answer. She had been fighting for so long, but now she was ready to let go. She reached out and stroked his cheek with her hand. "It's okay." she whispered, her voice barely audible.

"Its not okay! Hindi ba't sabi mo lalaban ka?! Sabi mo, ayaw mo pang mamatay? Then why won't you try and fight again? Gagaling ka pa. Sabi mo walang susuko. Then why are you giving up? Why are you leaving us? Me?"

Ngumiti lang si Zoe at hinimas ang pisnge ng binata. "Ken.. I'm ready.. handang handa na ako.."

He was surprised at the calmness in her voice, at the acceptance in her eyes. He kisses her hand and buries his face into it.

"You've been the light of my life, and I'm so grateful for the time we've shared together...

It's so hurt to see you like this..

..I'm so thankful na nakilala kita. I'm so thankful na kahit saglit lang, naramdaman ko ulit kung paano maging masaya. At dahil yun sayo. Salamat sa pag intindi sakin."

As he gazed at her peaceful face, he couldn't help but feel a sense of relief. He had always known that this day would come, but he hadn't been ready to let her go. He had clung to her with every ounce of his being, trying to hold onto her for just a little longer.

Sunod sunod na tumulo ang kaniyang mga luha. "Gusto ko malaman mo na proud na proud ako sayo.. You have been fighting for so long... You have been suffering for so long...

As she lay there, breathing her last few breaths, he was overcome with a flood of emotions.

He was terrified of losing her, of being alone without her.

He felt selfish for wanting her to stay, for wanting her to fight.

But he knew it was time to let her go.

..Now it's time for you to rest. I'll be here with you until the end. I'm sorry for keeping you here.. you can rest now.."

She smiled, a gentle smile that spoke of peace and acceptance.

But now, as he watched the light fade from her eyes, he realized that he had been holding onto something that was never truly his to keep.

She had been borrowed from the universe, a gift that he had been given for a brief period of time.
.

Now it was time to return her, to let her go and to embrace the inevitable.

He leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek, a final sign of his love. "Rest now, my love," he murmured.

"Rest and be at peace."

She lay there, surrounded by darkness. She knew that her time on earth was over, but she still felt a sense of peace. She had lived a long and full life, and now it was time to rest.

She nodded weakly, her eyes closing as she drifted off into a deep sleep. As she closed her eyes, she saw a bright light in the distance. It drew her in, and she felt a sense of warmth and comfort. She knew that this was the entrance to the afterlife, and that soon she would be reunited with loved ones who had gone before her.

As she drifted off to sleep, she heard a quiet whisper in her ear. It was Ken, telling her to rest and not to worry.

She smiled, knowing that he was there for her, even in death. She took one last breath and let go, embracing the eternal peace that awaited her.

The room fell silent, save for the quiet sound of her breathing. He stayed by her side, holding her hand, until her breathing finally became still and she was gone.

He was overcome with grief, tears streaming down his face.

He was afraid, angry, and lost without her. But he also felt a sense of peace, knowing that she was no longer in pain.

He took a deep breath, and said, "Goodbye, my love."

As he held her limp hand in his arms, he whispered, "May your journey take you to a place of light and peace, my love. You will always be a part of me, and I will always love you."