Chapter 5

"I'm sorry." It was probably the three hundredth time she had said it to Chaewon in the last two hours and each time the doctor had just glanced at her.

It had been a blur of motion since Sakura took her temperature and whisked her away in a wheelchair. Chaewon had picked her up like she was nothing, she had all of her clothes cut off besides her sports bra and underwear, and someone had come in to take an X-ray of her chest. Chaewon had been there the whole time, face mask covering her mouth but those Dark brown eyes had been locked onto Yunjin's monitor and hardly moved but to look at who entered the room or to give Yunjin an award winning side eye.

She just closed her eyes and let the people wash her down while she thought about how stupid she was. Yunjin had started feeling the pain in her chest last night before bed and figured that she would be fine enough to bring it up casually in the morning. By the time she got to the hospital it had been particularly hard to walk at her regular pace and breath at the same time. She just hadn't anticipated that something could come on so quickly, but apparently she didn't want to listen to what her doctors tell her.

"I'm sorry, Chaewon."

"Yunjin." It was said with a deep sigh and Yunjin raised her head to finally meet those brown eyes fully, and they were sad. The nurses washing her finished up and nodded before leaving the room, it was just the two of them now.

"I'm sor-"

Chaewon shook her head to stop the words. "It's not your fault, Yunjin." Her voice was soft and Yunjin could tell that she wasn't mad, just concerned. "It could have been anything, ok? It's not your fault and I need you to stop being sorry. I don't need you wearing out your lungs for something you don't need to say."

"Ok," Yunjin paused and smiled. "I'm sorry for saying sorry so much."

Chaewon shook her head and laughed. She grabbed the lone chair in the room and sat down. "Maybe I should just get you a button to push that says 'sorry' for you."

"Not a bad idea," Yunjin said and laid back. Everything hurt.

"Do you want something for the pain?" Chaewon asked when she noticed Yunjin's face. "I know you don't like to have them a lot but I can start the dose out small."

Yunjin fidgeted under her blankets, debating whether to give in or not yet. Pain meds were addictive and made her even more nauseous so she tried to stay away, but sometimes she couldn't take the pain anymore.

"Yea I think just a little," Yunjin said finally and shivered. "Could you-could you maybe get me more blankets too? They cut my clothes off."

"Of course. I'll be right back."

Chaewon returned quickly with a pile of warm blankets that she laid cautiously on top of Yunjin before adding the pain meds to her line.

"Ok so what I'm giving you should help ease the pain a bit and thankfully you haven't started coughing yet but this will also help stop that as well."

"Thank you," Yunjin said softly, "and for the blankets as well."

"You're welcome." Chaewon finished with the line and sat back in the same chair as earlier. "Isolation isn't going to be fun, Yunjin. At all. You're going to be very limited to the people you interact with and you can't leave this room, so I really need you to keep your head up and push through, ok?"

"I'll try," she replied with a grin and Chaewon shook her head with an equal smile.

"I need to monitor you for a bit," Chaewon said, "are you up to talk a little while or would you rather rest? I can just sit here and work on my research and drone on about it until you fall asleep."