"It's a bummer you can't come with us. Maybe some other time." He frowned a little as he dropped his head to his shoulder. I shrugged.

"Do you guys do this often?" I didn't really want it to be clear that I was desperate for some action in my life, but I knew that there was pretty much no chance of him not figuring out what I meant.

He looked up at the moon that was just visible in the sky above the houses across the street, "Depends on the weather. Sometimes we just hang out at my place, or go to the mall. But you should come with us wherever we go, if you want to of course. It was really fun hanging out with you today, Beomgyu."

His smile was faint. I stared at him without a smile, but all of my appreciation and love was in my eyes. I could tell he knew I was thankful. I was more than thankful. I felt that I owed him and the guys my life, especially since I was giving them my everything.

I felt my grip loosen on my bike's handles, "I sure will, and thanks for inviting me to hang out with you guys. I loved it." I didn't want to be corny, so I just gave him this smug look as I brought my bike up next to him so I was actually next to him. We stood right next to each other, the only thing between us was my bike since he was still sitting on his.

His eyes twinkled as we stared at each other for a little longer than we should've.

"Yeonjun!" We both looked over and saw Soobin waving for him to come across the street. He gave Soobin a quick thumbs up before he turned back to me.

"We'll see you tomorrow at school, okay?"

"Alright." I said as he slowly rolled up to the stop light, doing as his friends did before him, then crossing quickly. I waved at all 4 of them, shouting goodbyes as they all continued straight down the sidewalk.

My house was just a bit to my left, just about 50 feet maybe, but I felt like I wasn't going to make it. I felt like my knees were going weak, like my heart was going to explode before I was able to make it to the front door. Having to imagine Hiah dragging me inside my feet so my head would smack off of each concrete step up the stairs.

Having to watch them go felt like I was losing my father all over again. A little dark, I know, but really, that's how I felt. Having someone so important to you leave just like that and all you can do is watch and wish that they would come back. But sometimes, your power in the world isn't stronger than death, and surely isn't stronger than your mom or your older sisters.

Finally, I pivoted on my feet and started pulling my bike alongside me as I somberly walked back to my front door. At least I could be sure there was dinner waiting for me in the kitchen.

When I reached my house, I tossed my bike against the wall, right next to my sister's bike. We lived in a decent area, so I wasn't too worried about it ever getting stolen. If it did, I think my life would've ended. I took a deep breath, using the railing to drag me up the stairs.

I pushed the door open, and almost immediately, my mom and sister came running to my aide. First, they started grabbing at my arms and messing with my hair, muttering nonsense to me and to each other to check on me. I just rolled my eyes and let them do their thing.

Then I felt Hiah smack the back of my head, a little bit harder than just a sibling hit. Hiah was 19, only 2 years older than me, but she acted like she was 25. She was always acting like our mom, making sure I did all my homework, making sure I came home on time, and always barging in my room without knocking even though if I tried that she'd tackle me to the floor in punches.

"What was that for?" I scoffed as the two of them both crossed their arms, glanced over at each other, then rolled their eyes as they both looked back at me. They were glaring daggers at me, causing me to furrow my eyebrows.