Chapter 20: The dream

-Two weeks later-

Jack J POV:

It's been weeks and she still doesn't remember. But she has made some improvements. But they're minor... She knows who she is. And she can put names with faces. But just her family. And that's about it. I haven't seen her in about a week. But I used to be practically living there. I didn't want to leave her. But I couldn't stay there forever.
I was gonna come see her today. I was just about to leave when Jack texted me.
(JG: Jack Gilinsky JJ: Jack Johnson)

JG: hey r u coming
JJ: yeah is she ok
JG: yeah. 'Mom' and dad went out n I'm here with her
JJ: ok I'll b there in 5
JG: k

I got in my car and drove to her house.

Jessica POV:

I was sitting in the living room, looking at my phone. I apparently use this all the time. But I didn't use it now. I was just holding it looking at it. I didn't even turn it on.

Someone knocked on the door. I began to stand up, but I heard Jack running down the stairs. "I'll get it." He said while opening the door. The other guy named Jack walked in. "Hi Jess." He said. "Hi..." I said reluctantly. I'm Jess. He's talking to me...I think... I thought. He smiled kindly at me. His smile was amazing. I barely know him and I though that? Huh...there's a first for everything. "I have to do some things...do you mind?" Jack G asked other Jack. "No that's fine. I wanted to be with her anyways." Jack J said while looking at me and smiling again. "Ok. If you need me I'm upstairs." Jack G said while leaving. "So are you feeling ok?" Jack asked me. I shrugged. "I'm not sure. I don't know how I usually feel. So I do know if I'm normal now." I say. That seems to make Jack upset. He came closer and lightly hugged me. "I just...I want to be alone for a while..." I say while pulling away. He looked hurt. But tried to cover it up by smiling. He sighed. "Ok, if you need help with anything or need anything just tell me." He said seriously. He looked me in the eye. Something clicked. I'm not sure what, but it just did... "Ok." I say. He walked past me and into the living room. I stayed by the front door. I pulled out my phone. I turned it on this time. The first thing that popped up was a picture. Maybe it was my wallpaper, I don't know... But it was of me and the same guy who was in the living room now. He had his arm around me in the photo. I sighed. Who were these people. And how did i know them? Then I remembered he told me that I was his girlfriend. Maybe I should ask him. I wanted to know more. But I didn't know what I wanted to know.

I walked in the living room where Jack J was. He saw me and smiled at me. I slightly smiled and sat by him. "You ok?" He asked me. I hesitated but spoke. "You're the one I dated right?" I asked. His face fell. "Yeah..." He sputtered. I nodded. "I want to know more about all this. Can you tell me about it?" I asked. That was a lot to say at a time for me. He looked shocked. I guess he didn't expect me to say that. I didn't either. "You...you want to know about us?" He asked. "Yeah." I said firmly. He sat up straight and smiled at me. "I'm glad you asked. Where do I begin?" He said. I chuckled as he pondered where to start. "Well, I first saw you at your mom's wedding. And I automatically was attracted to you." He started. I stayed silent. "And then I finally met you when I came over to see Jack, your stepbrother. And when I spoke to you I felt the Sparks flying immediately. And I knew I wanted to get to know know you and eventually call you mine." He said. His last few words made me feel different. I had no idea what the feeling was. He kept talking. "And I had all these things to say to you like how beautiful you are or how much I liked you. And I never had the courage to say it. But I accidentally said it out loud, which I guess turned you on?" He phrased as I question. I laughed at his remark. "And when I thought I was gonna loose you to another guy, I kissed you unexpectedly. And I'm glad I did because I found out you liked me when you kissed back." He smirked at me. He was really easy to talk to. Even though I wasn't really talking much. "I finally asked you out and you said yes. We hung out for a while and I asked you to be my girlfriend." He said. "Did I say yes?" I asked, even though I was positive I knew the answer. "I don't know how, but yes." He said while smiling. I smiled back. "I haven't seen you smile in while..." He said sadly. A tear rolled down his cheek. I actually felt....bad... Now that I have an idea of how much he cared for me, I realized I must have felt the same about him. "Are you ok?" I asked. That was one of the first questions I asked that wasn't like "where am I? Or who am I?" He nodded. "I just miss you so much." He stated. I looked at him sympathetically. He wiped his face with his hand. "Uh...anything else you wanna know?" He asked trying to change the subject. I shook my head. I went over to him and hugged him. He put his arms around me and laid his head in my shoulder. I sighed. He seemed really nice. I wish I remembered anything if what he just told me.

-Later that night-

Jack J POV:

I just poured my heart out to Jess when she doesn't remember any of it. But I didn't mind. She seems happy when I told her. It was around 9:00pm now. I was about to leave. "Bye Jessica." I said before leaving. "Bye...Jack?" It came out like a question. I chuckled. "Yeah...I'll see you later." I say. She smiled. I left and went back to my house.

Jessica POV:

I went back up to what they said was my room. I walked past Jack G in a room. He was on his phone. He looked up at me. "Are you remembering anything?" He asked. I nodded. "Slightly..." I say. He smiles. "Ok good." "I'm gonna get some sleep, goodnight." I say. He nods. "Ok. Night." He replies.

-Hours later-

*Dream*

I saw my mom and dad. They were fighting. Then I saw my mom in a white dress with a different man in a tux. Ten years later I'm in Nebraska. I have a family. A sibling... Next thing you know I'm in a new house. I open the front door to a blonde haired blue eyed boy. Months later that same guy kisses me and asks me to be his girlfriend. My life feels complete. I now often find myself contemplating love. My phone buzzes and it's the blondie. I'm in a dark theater. Hours later I'm hurt. And my story ends there... With me clueless....

*Dream over*

I wake up suddenly. My heart is threatening to beat of of my chest. There's sweat on my forehead. I sit up abruptly. All of it came back to me. Jack was starting to me say something when the car hit us. I woke up in the hospital with no memory. Jack really said all that about me? I needed to talk to him. I didn't know where to start. All I knew was that I remember. Everything. Everything I ever forgot.