Chapter 19: Coming home

Jessica POV:

"Ms. Morgan? Are you awake?" I heard someone ask. I felt drowsy. But I slowly opened my eyes. "Ohh good!" Said a bubbly nurse. She walked away for a second and came back with a man. I recognized him. I think he was the doctor... "Jessica, I'm glad to tell you that today is your last day here." He said. He didn't seem to happy about it...more worried. I didn't say anything. But I was happy. He sighed. "You've been asleep for a week. So that means your time here is coming to an end!" He said. Before I could answer he kept talking. "You could leave today if you like..." He said. I really wanted to be out of here. He was acting like it was up to me. If it was would've left two weeks ago. I just nodded. He smiled. "Ok. I'll get your things situated." He said and stood up to leave. The nurse stayed. She pulled out some clothes. It was a red and white tee shirt, skinny jeans, and red shoes. "Do you remember these?" She asked. I stared at her blankly. 'Does it look like it.' I thought. Why couldn't I speak? I shook my head. They looked brand new; meaning not familiar at all. "This is what you wore during the accident. We washed them of course..." She said. Accident? You mean nightmare. I nodded. She set the clothes next to me. "Feel free to change out of these whenever you want." She said while leaving and closing the door behind her. I sat up slowly. I felt no pain? I got up. This didn't hurt either... A week ago I could barley think straight. And now I can stand? I went in this other room that was within mine and changed. They felt familiar. But I still didn't remember. Whatever. It's better than that stupid thing they had on me. I didn't want to go back to the bed. I'd probably fall asleep again. I wanted to get out if here. I sat in a chair that was next to the bed. Now what? I guess I just have to wait.😒

Jack J POV:

I was so glad Jessica was coming home today. I miss her so much. She means the world to me and it hurts to watch her so miserable. Jack called me earlier and said to be at his house in ten minutes. I was going to the hospital with them to pick up Jess. I saw Brent's car there too. When I got there they were ready and we left.

-At hospital-

Jack, Jack's dad, Brent, and I sat down in a waiting area. Jessica's mom went to talk to the lady at the front desk. "She'll be ready for visitors in a while." I heard her say. Her mom nodded sadly and came back. We sat in silence. "I hope she remembers you guys..." Jack whispered to me. I nodded. I didn't want to start talking about her I thought I'd cry. I knew what he meant. "Us". Jessica and I as a couple.

Jessica POV:

"Are you ready to see your family?" A nurse asked. What family? I nodded. She lead me out to a room with lots of people in it. I saw the same group who came to see me earlier. Maybe that was my "family".... A women ran up to me and hugged me tightly. I stood there; motionless. She pulled away slowly and looked me in the eye. She was tearing up. "Please remember." She said softly. I just looked up at her with a blank look. Nothing.... She thanked the nurse and went to the front desk. "I'll check her out." She said to some other people. A man walked up to me and hugged me lightly; unlike the lady. He didn't say anything. Which I was happy about. I didn't want to talk to anyone. They all hugged me one by one. There was the goofy guy who came in yesterday with the pictures. And someone who said they were by stepbrother... And that blonde haired guy. He was the last to hug me. His eyes were red and puffy. He held onto me for a few minutes it felt like. I don't know how this happened. But I put me arms around him and actually hugged back. When I did he hugged me tighter. I pulled away. He stared at me. Then He looked away and walked away. I feel like I know these people but at the same time I don't. Where were they taking me?

Jack J POV:

We left the hospital with Jess this time. She looked so confused. I never saw her like this. She's still beautiful but just...not herself. I'm just happy she's alive. We got in the car and drove back to her house. Her parents in the front, Brent, Jack, Jessica, and I in the back. Brent and I were in the very back and Jack G and Jessica were ahead of us.

Jack G POV:

I was sitting by Jess in the car. She smelled like medication😔😞. I felt terrible. She doesn't remember anything. But she only hugged Jack J. Wonder why? Maybe she at least remembered him.

We pulled in the driveway and we all got out. Jess got out first. She stared at the house. Her mom put her arm around her and walked with her towards the front door. We all walked inside. "Alright guys, her memory is supposed to come back on its own. So if she isn't remembering, just let her try on her own." She said. We all nodded. Jack's dad and her mom went somewhere to talk privately. "Hey guys I gotta go. But I'll check on Jess more tomorrow." Said Brent. We said goodbye. He hugged Jess before he left. She slightly hugged him back.

Jack J POV:

Brent left about five minutes ago. It was around 4:30pm now. We went upstairs to her room. Jessica stopped dead in her tracks. She just stared at her room. "Do...do you remember this?" Jack G asked nervously. She walked in slowly with Jack and I following behind her. "Sort of...where are we?" She said. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "This is where you live." I say. "I live here?" She asked. Jack and I nodded. She pushed past us and walked around the rest of the house; once again with Jack and I following. She looked like she knew where she was. After a "tour" of the house she went back up to her room. She walked next to a nightstand and picked up a picture. "I...I..remember this..." She sputtered. A smile was plastered across my face. Jack looked at me and then walked over to her. I walked to them and saw what the picture was. It was Jessica when she was little with her mom and dad. She was smiling. I haven't seen her smile in a long time. "Jessica, do you remember us?" Jack asked her. She looked at us intently. She sighed. "No..." She replied.