"First of all, I never told my brother a damn thing and secondly you did threaten me and I don't know what type of guy you are. We just met, we barely have had time to even really get to know one another."

"Weren't you pregnant by your ex after three months."

Letting out an obnoxious laugh, Mya fought the urge to hang up. "You're a weirdo."

"And you're a liar. You swore you wanted nothing to do with that nigga but look at you."

"THEN LEAVE ME ALONE LUCAS!"

The sound of Mya's voice traveling made Chris look over his shoulder. He quickly wrapped up his transaction, grabbed their bags and left out.

"Delete my number, and stay the fuck away from me. Whatever we had is done. Goodbye!" She hung up and wanted so badly to toss her phone but instead closed her eyes and deeply inhaled.

"You good?" Chris asked.

"No, did you call Brian?"

"Yeah and told him to get his fucking friend before I do."

"You didn't have to do that though."

"Saying he gone deal with you was not cool and I wasn't letting that shit slide. You lucky we wasn't back home because I would've pulled up on that bitch ass nigga. Make sure you block that fool, let's go."

Expecting back talk from Mya, Chris was shocked when she just turned and walked towards their truck. She climbed in and he climbed after her. Once the door was closed, the driver pulled off.

"You mad at me?" Chris asked while grabbing Mya's chin, making her look at him.

"No. I just don't want any drama."

"You ain't got nothing to worry about. Trust me."

Mya nodded. "Okay."

"Alright, we got reservations before we head back to the house so I hope you're hungry. Then later, I wanna light the fireplace and just chill with you since it's our last night here."

"Sounds good."

"Cool."

Their focus went elsewhere once the conversation ended but without even thinking their free hands, intertwined with one another. Chris gently rubbed his thumb across the back of her hand and Mya would return the gesture, something they'd always do when they were married and in the car.

•••

Dinner was quiet, with small talk here and there. Chris could tell Lucas threw Mya's energy off but he loved when he was able to make her smile. When they got back to the house, he told her to get comfortable while he sat up everything for them.

Going into her room, Mya placed everything she bought by her closet, then went and found something comfortable to slip on, then went back to grab her phone. When the screen lit up, she had a bunch of texts and missed calls from Lucas. Even though she shouldn't have, she opened the messages, to see paparazzi pictures of her and Chris from today. The texts that followed were beyond disrespectful and she knew if she showed Chris, things would get worse. Instead she deleted the thread and blocked him on everything.

Tossing her phone on the bed, Mya went back into the bathroom and took her shower. The longest one that she could take. Finally climbing out, she oiled her body then slipped on her pajamas. Looking at herself in the mirror, she made sure her face and hair was up to par. After applying a little lip gloss she headed to the living room. Chris sat in front of the fireplace. There were two chairs with a table in between. On the table sat two wine glasses, a big bouquet of flowers and multiple jewelry boxes.