TwentyThree

Chapter TwentyThree Mya Anderson Los Angeles, California - Mya's Birthday

Chapter TwentyThree
Mya Anderson
Los Angeles, California - Mya's Birthday

Today, I turn 36 and for the first time in a long time I don't have a single thing planned. Everybody keeps asking me what I want to do or what I'm going to do but honestly I'm not in the birthday spirit. Though, I'm grateful to be alive I'm kind of over the big celebrations every year and being drugged doesn't have me too eager to be around a bunch of people that I don't know still.

It's been about a month since Jamaica and the dynamic of Chris and I's relationship definitely changed. What was supposed to be a best friend thing, turned into strictly co-parenting. I'm not saying we hate each other or anything, it's nothing to really talk about I guess. When we were communicating constantly it was always about us being together and since I don't want that at the moment, then what is there to discuss?

I do miss him sometimes and the urge to just say fuck it and take him back is strong but I fight it. I told him to prove that this is what he wants, but instead he steps back from me.

Oh well.

Anyway, my birthday is starting with Bam's baseball game. I know he's determined to be the next R&B king one day, but he loves playing baseball. I'm convinced he'll end up being like Chris, a jack of all trades.

After getting dressed, I headed to where his game was. This was the one that would determine if they'd be headed to the playoffs. I really hope they do because my poor baby has been stressed out over this.

Pulling up to the field, I spotted a few familiar cars as I walked to the bleachers. The kids have been with their dad since Monday, I can't wait to see my babies.

Looking around I searched for everybody. Hoody stuck out like a sore thumb, so I made my way over to him. "Sup fatty."

"Sup crazy. Happy Birthday." Hoody laughed before giving me a hug.

Sinko, Tim, and Brian surprisingly all sat around him. I gave them hugs as well before sitting next to Tim. As soon as our relationship rekindled he and Bam were back at it like they never left. Noah and I, as well. That's basically my kid.

"Mya!" I heard my name being yelled. Looking up, I spotted Royalty waving at me. I waved then told her to give me a second.

"What's up birthday girl!" Tim said. "What we doing tonight?"

"I'm laying in bed tonight."

"That's weak as hell." Sinko shook his head.

"And very senior citizen of you." Hoody added.

I flipped him off. "My party days are over y'all. I would've have a dinner or something but I've been so focused on everything else I didn't have time to plan anything."