Four

Chapter FourMya BrownMiami, Florida

Chapter Four
Mya Brown
Miami, Florida

"Hey dad." I said while touching his gravestone.

Even though I've been in Miami so many times since he passed, this is my second time here. I hate that I'm talking to a plot and not him physically. I miss him so much.

"I am slowly losing my mind out here." I sat on the grass. "I know you see all the madness that's going on with me and....everybody. I'm in such a tough spot when it comes to my marriage, your grandson and Tim. Chris and I are probably the lowest we've ever been and honestly I don't see a way up."

"I thought I was protecting Royalty and him but I only made things worse and I'm not seeing him forgiving me for that anytime soon. Before Landon and I came here, Nia came to Virginia at Chris's request and we all sat down to talk. Daddy this bitch really made me out to be the villain. Sorry for cussing but I'm so pissed. I really thought we were cool but she just threw me right under the bus. I understand without his money you're ass out but to try and make shit worse between us is just insane."

I wanted beat Nia's ass so bad and I don't know if I'm going crazy but it seemed like Chris was actually believing the shit she said. Basically she made it seem like I was the mastermind behind hiding everything from him when we both agreed to do so. I let her have her moment though. I'm tired of bullshit anyway.

"Apart of me wants to wash my hands with everything. We just can't seem to stay on the straight and narrow so maybe it's not meant to be. I love Chris so much and imagining my life without him seems damn near impossible but we keep trying and trying and it's just always something. I should've signed those papers instead of being dramatic. I'll be in Miami for a while though. He wants space so I'm going to give to him. While I'm here, I'm going to fix my relationship with Landon. I don't know where the disconnect with us is. I really think that my son hates me." I said while looking over my shoulder at him in the car.

Since we've been in Miami, he stays to himself or he wants to go to my Grandmas house...yeah, she's still kicking. I literally forced him to stay with me today. I thought coming to see my dad would be a bonding moment but he wanted to stay in the car.

"And then there's Tim. I miss my brother dad, but he did me so wrong. I just want to have a conversation with him, see where his head is. Mama makes sure to keep me updated though. I don't know what's holding Tim back from being great. It's like he's afraid of big responsibilities. I don't know. I wish things would've went differently between us, he'd have his store up and running. I pray for him all the time, hopefully he figures it out. But anyway, I know you have better things to do then listen to my problems. I love you so much daddy." Tears filled my eyes. "Come see me soon please. I really need a hug."

After sitting there for a little while longer, I got up and placed a kiss on his stone then went back to the car. Climbing in the back seat next to Landon, I exhaled and leaned my head against the window.