The Competition Begins

Astraea POV

"Hello." We greeted Ms. Abby as she greeted us back. Oh lord I hope I am on top of the pyramid since the last competition I beat Maddie. We went into the studio and then we started the pyramid.

"Ladies, you all know why you're here. You are the cream of the crop in your age group, and I have lots of new ideas in store. I am going to do something that no other studio in the country does. Every single competition we are doing a new routine." Abby said as we all looked to our mothers.

"Uh-huh girls, don't look at your mother's I am the coach, I am the teacher. I can make or break you." Miss Abby looked at all of us. "Everybody wants to be front and center. I hear it all the time. Whoever is in the front and center, they can't make a mistake. They are holding that group together." Miss Abby started.

"Everyone wants to be front and center. I hear it all the time. Whoever is in the front and center can't make a mistake. They are holding the group together." Ms. Abby talked about the front and center people's problems.

"At the top, I have Maddie because she is dedicated and because of her stiller record last year. Maddie, are you ready to be front and center? Can you handle it?" Ms. Abby asked Maddie who nods.

Maddie
Chloe Brooke
Paige Nia Astraea Mackenzie

"Our first competition is going to be Phoenix, Arizona. Ladies, I choose Phoenix Arizona because I want you to experience some of the best competition teams in the country. We are going to do two numbers, high energy, a really cute, adorable routine with Maddie, Chloe, Paige, Brooke, Astraea, and Nia." Ms. Abby said as I smiled at hearing my name.

"Unfortunately Mackenzie, you're too young to compete at the West Coast Dance Explosion, but you're still going with us anyways." Ms. Abby said as Mackenzie sighs in sadness or I thought.

"Girls, we are going to win in Phoenix and the next competition we're going to win the next and that's all gearing up to nationals." Ms. Abby said.

I only won 5 crowns so far.

•••

"Girls, what are you doing? Those legs are about as straight as Elton John. Watch the right elbow!" Ms. Abby screamed at us all.

Avery POV (Astraea 'mom')

"Oh my God, it's like we never left." Christi said rolling her eyes. . "I'm not a big fan of this bre pyramid thing because to me, that's more of a Bermuda Triangle then a pyramid." Christi says as we all laughed.

"It's very Divisive. Someone's at the top and someone's at the bottom no teacher does that in a classroom." Queen Holly states out as I agreed with her.

"So, are we surprised who's on the top of the pyramid?" Kelly asked us as we agreed expect Melissa. "I saw this coming." I whispered to myself.

Avery interview

Nope I'm not really surprised saw that coming a mile away. I guess my daughter is invisible to Abby because if I remember she won against Maddie last year.

Four Day Until Competition

Astraea POV

As we are practicing Maddie started to cry because of her stomach. Maddie then leaves as we just had to keep going and few minutes later she comes back in.

Three Day Until Competition

"I get sick getting compared to Maddie." I told my mom. "I know sweetie but guess what? You don't have to be Maddie at all. Stay yourself and whatever people say to be like someone don't. Because you are you and you're better in my eyes so don't change yourself." My mom did as I nodded and smiled.

Avery Interview

I don't like my daughter getting compared to Maddie but she's still better in my eyes and whatever Abby isn't seeing from the rest of the girl I can see. They are all good dancers but them being pressured to be like Maddie is affecting them.

I got a master's degree in nursing. But I wanted to be with Astraea more so I just quit my job. Her father well he's something else.

One Day Until Competition

Avery POV

You know what I just learned well found out. A new girl is here and her mother is a dance teacher. Why is she here though? I have a bad feeling about this and it's not going to end very well.

Competition Day

Astraea POV

We get ready for the group dance but the hats aren't ready. Also Kelly and Abby are yelling about Brooke and Paige nails. They are just nails you didn't pay for them. Ms. Abby also found Kelly and Christi in a bar which I don't know what that is.

"I was wondering where you were." I heard Holly, Nia, mother said. "We were at the bar making friends." Christi, Chloe, mom respond. "Please invite me next time a certain someone is still complaining.=" My mother said as they responded with okay.

"I should have guessed that's where you were." Holly said as we heard a cry. And that was from Paige. "What happened?" I asked confused. "She walked right into the curling iron." Kelly responded.

Maddie comes up to her and says something that I personally won't say out loud. "Hey, Paige if it makes you feel better I don't have any underwear on." Maddie said as we laughed.

We finally go backstage and prep talk from Ms. Abby isn't nice at all.

Now that the group dance was done it's time for the awards. I say we did awesome.

"Okay. So here we go. We are going to start with our junior. Our junior musical theater. In third place, with a score of 247, goes to party, party, party."

I know Ms. Abby is going to yell at us for this.

Oh no....Chloe's headpiece starts to fall on her face. I just hoped they would win because I think that's cool to be dancing with a headpiece on your face. It's pretty difficult.

Now the awards. Please let them win.

"Okay, teams listen up. Starting, in duo-trio, in second place they scored 266 goes to 'money'! Our remaining overall high score duo-trio with a score of 282 out of 300. First place goes to Abby Lee Dance Company 'Pin-Up Girls'".

They won! At least Abby isn't going to be mad at the trio but the group dance.