Aap kaun?

The next day, Agni woke up a little late as she had no work piled up for her. After she took a bath, she made breakfast for herself and went out taking her laptop with her.

As the distance from her destination decreased, her heart started beating fast. She was going to that place after so many years, there was an uneasy feeling in her heart. It felt like something was going to happen. She didn't know if it was something good or bad but she was sure that something was waiting for her.

She didn't know why even after having this feeling she was still going there. Maybe she thought that she has seen the worst of her life so nothing can happen now. But maybe God has some other plans for her.

Soon she reached the destination, parked her bike in the parking area and removed her helmet. Then she moved towards the main gates. As she stood in front of the place, she murmured the name of the place.

"Sunshine Shelter Orphanage"

Before entering the place, she went to the nearby store and bought some boxes of chocolates and candies.

As she entered inside, she saw children playing in the garden, running behind each other. She saw the caretaker standing near them, she moved towards her and asked her to distribute the chocolates and candies.

Then she went inside towards the office, she entered the office after getting permission.

She saw an old lady sitting on the boss chair. The lady was wearing specs, was looking pale and had wrinkles due to her age. She was busy doing some work that she forgot about Agni's presence.

Agni cleared her throat gaining her attention but it looked like lady was not able to recognise her. She was keenly looking at her squinting her eyes.

"Aap kaun ho?" The lady asked

(Who are you?)

"Indu Dadi, bhul gayi aap apni choti ko?" She said and as the lady heard her words her eyes widened. Agni went towards her and as she stood in front of the lady, she stop from the chair and took her in her embrace.

(Indu grandma, did you forget about your choti?)

Tears started rolling down from the lady's eyes as she tightly hugged Agni. As she broke the hug, Agni made her sit on the chair and sat on the floor. The lady cupped her face and looked at her still sobbing.

"Tumhe kaisi bhul sakti hai yeh Indira aur choti ki Indu dadi." Indira said as she caressed her hair.

(How can this Indira forget you and  choti of Indu grandma.)

Agni wiped the tears off with her thumb and then put her head on Indira's knees. Indira just slowly moved her hands on Agni's hair.

"Yaad nahi aayi itne saalo me kabhi meri?" Indira asked with sadness but Agni didn't reply to her.

(Didn't you miss me in so many years?)

"Pata hai maine tumhe kitna yaad kiya? Jab tum chali gayi thi toh bohot dar gayi thi mai. Laga ki tumhe koi zabardasti le gaya hai par fir tumhara note dekha humari wali jagah par. Mann ko thodi shanti mili vo padh kar lekin tumhare liye roz dua karti thi. Har roz sochti thi ki aaj tum mujhse milne aaoge. Lekin tum aayi hi nahi." As she heard these words from Indira, a tear escaped her eyes. She quickly wiped it off and looked at her.

(You know, how much I missed you? When you left from here, I got scared about you. I thought someone forcefully took you but then I found your note on our place. My heart was a little satisfied after reading it but still I used to pray for you everyday. Everyday, I used to think that you'll come to meet me. But you never came.)

"Haalat kuch aise ho gaye ki zindagi ne mauka hi nahi diya kisi se milne ka." Agni said in a sad voice

(The circumstances became such that life did not give me a chance to meet anyone.)

"Kaisi hai aap? Kisi aur ko toh nahi bana liya na aapne apni choti?" She asked  raising her eyebrows.

(How are you? Have you made someone else your choti?)

"Nahi, tumhari kami koi puri nahi kar paya aur tumse jyada shaitan koi nahi tha yaha par. " Indira said laughing

(No, no one could fill your void and also no one was as mischievous as you were.)

Agni had a small smile on her face as she observed her Dadi. She remembered the moments which she spent here with everyone.

After talking to her for a few hours, she came outside and sat on a nearby bench. She was looking at the children who were playing and enjoying themselves.

On the other side

In the afternoon, there is a bakery in the middle of the city. It is very famous  among people because of its tasty food as well as amazing interiors. A boy serves a customer and went towards the counter.

"I have to leave now, is everything done or not?" The boy asked another employee

"Yes sir, we have placed food in your car." The employee said to him.

"Kitni baar kaha hai sir mat bola karo." He said fake glaring at the employee and she just nodded smiling at him.

(How many times I have told you not to call me sir.)

"Theek hai, ab tumhari zimmedari hai yeh jagah. Mai chala ghumne" He said to the girl with a huge grin on his face.
(Okay, now this place is your responsibility. I'm going.)

He stepped out of the bakery and went towards his car. He soon left for his destination with a huge smile on his face.

Soon he reached his destination which was an orphanage. He asked the guard of the orphanage to help him take the food packets inside. They placed the food on the bench and he greeted the caretaker with a warm smile.

"Bachho idhar aao." The caretaker said and all the children who were busy in doing one or the other thing, left everything and came running towards them. As children reached, they started distributing the food to them one by one.

(Kids come here.)

A small girl was running towards them but due to push from a child, she fell on the floor and started crying. But no one heard her except one person.

A woman ran towards the girl and picked her up in her arms.  She made her sit on the nearby bench and kneeled in front of her. She checked for injury and found a cut on one of her knees.

The woman took out a bandage with a cute sticker on it from her pocket. She comforted the little girl and wiped her tears and then asked her to slowly walk towards the area.

As little girl reached where everyone was, she found only one packet was left. The boy forwarded it to her and asked why she came late. She told him about the reason and he checked if her cut was deep. He picked her up and asked

"Aapko dard toh nahi ho raha?" The little girl replied in negative and again he asked her.

(Is it paining?)

"Aapne unn didi ko thank you bola?" But she refused. Then they moved towards the lady whose back was towards them.

(Did you thank that woman?)

"Suniye!!" That boy said to her........

(Listen!!)
.
.
.
.
.

Hello everyone!!
Here is the very very late update of the story.
I'm sorry to you'll.
Also I tried my best to explain the situations.
I don't want to use hard words so that people have to Google it's meaning.
I just want to write it by heart with all the emotions.
Please share your views about the chapter
Also please vote on the chapters, so that I can feel motivated.
Thank you everyone!!
Bye!! 🥹🫶✨