Chapter 16: Edge of sanity III

"No no , you are lying, you are..", Kenzie took the dagger and stabbed him in his thigh because she couldn't lift her arm far because of her shoulder wound.She twisted the dagger.
Maxwell wailed in pain.And slapped her hard in the face with the back of his hand.
Everything became blurry for Kenzie.
Suddenly a figure appeared, it walked towards them.
"Let's get out here", Maxwell said to the figure, He was helped up and they both turned leaving.
Maxwell was hissing in pain in every step but suddenly stopped.
He took out a lighter and looked back at Kenzie.
"Let me help you finish your job", he said tossing the lighter.
The room caught fire quickly and spread to the ceiling.
Kenzie felt herself being scared for the first time.
She couldn't move and death was right by the door.She wasn't scared of dying here but the fact that Maxwell will forever be free from killing her brother.
He will never pay for his sins.
He will get away with everything and no one will know, this made her angry as her brother will never get his justification.
"Lu-lucas", Kenzie whispered, everyone was gone , she now only had Lucas and for some reason she thought of him on her last moment.
She turned her head and looked up, the chandelier was burning up and about to fall.
Kenzie tried to move her body but the pain, was too much.She found herself smiling, so this was it huh.
She closed her eyes as the chandelier fell.
Surprisingly it didn't hit her.
She slowly opened her eyes to find Lucas hovering over her.
"You.."
"Let's get out of here"
With that Kenzie fainted.
Lucas hissed in pain as he moved the chandelier.
He took a chair nearby and hit the glass window.
It shattered and he turned to pick up Kenzie.
He looked at her , she was all bloody, he felt his heart sink.He walked over the space and looked down, it was a long way to the ground.He tore the curtain and made it into a rope.It was half the height to the ground but that was better than falling all the way.There were cars on the ground.
He tied it to the side and held Kenzie tighter.
He jumped off the room, he grabbed it and slid down.
The room had burst in flames and he saw the flames from above.
After reaching the tip of the rope, he looked down.
It was not that far but it wasn't near either.
He moved Kenzie on top of him and made his back face the ground, upon the he let go and closed his eyes.
"Sorry..I couldn't protect you", he whispered.
They both crushed on top of the car and everything went dark and silent.
This felt like the end, everything was over.All efforts had came to an end.
The revenge was over, to be forgotten...or was it.

6 months later

Shouts were heard across the place.
People were staring to the two figures walking across the corridor.Their stares were that of criminals.
The officer walked along side Kenzie.She was wearing a prisoner outfit.She was dazed off with no reaction to anything.She was unresponsive as if life had been drawn out of her.
Finally she arrived at her cell.
"Get in , "
The warden pushed her inside, she was carrying her blanket and toiletries.
They dropped, the warden expected some shouting or complaining but she just picked up her stuff.
He got pissed and locked the door.
Someone stepped on her blanket, Kenzie looked up to find a woman around her 40s, with a cut that gave off gangster vibes.She was giving off a threatening aura but that didn't work on Kenzie.
"Get off "
Kenzie camly said.
The lady smiled and stood on Kenzie's hand.
Kenzie didn't react and grabbed the weight for gyming by the side, knocking the lady on her head.She simply froze and collapsed.
Blood oozed on her head.Kenzie just stared at her.She didn't care anymore, she spent half a year in the hospital and her emotions seemed to be gone, no feeling, no regret, just an empty soul.
This incident was reported soon after and Kenzie found herself in a mental hospital.
She was now with a psychologist, the lady kept on smiling at her with a pretty creepy face.
"Wipe that look off your face", Kenzie said staring at her face.
She smiled.
"My name is Amelia Earhart, from now on ,we will help each other with this journey, it's not easy but trust me, we will get through"
Kenzie grabbed a scissor by the desk.
"Who's we?", she said playing with the scissors.
Amelia looked at it and sighed.
"Do you realize you are now possessing a serial killer mind, you have lost your humanity,sense of guilt, if this goes on , innocent lives will be snatched?"
Kenzie smirked.Swiftly she was now having the sharp scissors by Amelia's neck.
"Do you know the most innocent soul was snatched just like that and the culprit got away with it, "
"You..", Amelia stared at the scissors.She was thinking Kenzie meant she would kill her and still get away with it.
"But you know what, I will let you be,if you stay out of my way and business, and trust me doctor, I will not bother you at all by giving your family something to cry about", Kenzie smiled and dropped the scissors on the table.
She made her way across the room and when she was about to exit, Amelia said something.
"Let me help you before it's too late, please "
Kenzie looked back,"Thank you but I think I will do just fine", with that Kenzie left the room, returning to her new cell.
As she walked through corridor, a nurse came to fetch her.
"You have a visitor", she said softly.
Kenzie stared out, trying to make out who it could be.
Lucas was in a coma, other than him, no one really cared about her ,unless..she doubted it though.
As she arrived there she waited for the visitor looking at her hands.They looked bloody in her eyes, taking away lives, she was this murderer her brother tried to stop.When he said he wanted them to quit, now she understood why, this cycle never ended.Once you kill, you are now in the ring of either being killed or killing someone.

Finally someone arrived, it was a man wearing neat clothes and carrying a briefcase.He looked familiar on the other hand unfamiliar.Kenzie stared at him , hoping she could remember where she knew him from.
"Kenzie, how nice to meet you, it's been long", the man said sitting down.
Kenzie tilted her head,"Do I know you?"
The man chuckled, "Of course nutcase, you know me very well, I just seldomly apprear"
After studying him for some time, she recalled a name.
"Dylan?", she lowly said.
"Bingo, I am Dylan, your brother's secretary and your family's lawyer"
Kenzie just kept quiet.
He opened his bag, and took out a green book.
Kenzie's eyes widened as she sat up straight.
"This?"
"Your brother's diary, yes, he did tell me to give you if you failed to find it", Dylan handed it to Kenzie.
"I searched the whole study but couldn't find it, where was it?", Kenzie said tracing the book with her fingers.
"Your bedroom "
"My what?", Kenzie said surprised.
Dylan just nodded.
Kenzie opened it but it wouldn't barge.
"It's locked?!"
"Yes that side it is but the back part is not", Dylan camly said.
Kenzie was confused why lock the other pages and leave out the rest.

"Silly brat, I don't know if you found this yourself or Dylan did or Mike but what I can say is, I did intend for you to get hold of it, sooner or later
You might be surprised why I wrote something like this as if I was aware something would happen to me, well yes, like I always say, your brother knows best so this wasn't that hard to figure out.
I guess you now know about Maxwell Carter, what I can say is that man is tricky and sly.He is not an easy target and needs someone who is cool minded and calm to deal with him.I know that is the opposite of you but catching him with a short temper isn't going to be easy.I need you to join hands with Mike and....."

Tears fell on the page.Kenzie didn't bother wiping them.She just staring at the words."But Mike isn't here", she whispered.
After crying for some minutes, she finally wiped the tears and closed the book.
"Here, take it", she coldly said handing it over to Dylan.
"Oh no no, that's not how it is supposed to be, Tyson made it specific and pretty clear that I had to get this in your hands, he figured out you might need emotional support,there and there, so he wrote a lot in that book , it's not a simple goodbye note".
"Mike.."
"Don't worry, now that I am here, I Will help you find him, and get you out of here"
Kenzie retrieved the book, and leaned back.She laughed.
"Get me out?What a joke, I burnt a whole freaking building down, I don't know how many more crimes of mine they will uncover, but let me be clear , I am here to stay".
Dylan just smiled.
"You think that's a problem, if it was then your whole family would been serving lifetime sentences."
Dylan started to arrange his stuff.
He then looked at Kenzie.
"Don't give up, neither of your brothers would want you to, you are strong to have made it so far, have hope, do it for them", and with that Dylan left.
Kenzie sighed and slept on her arms with her head faced down.

"A nagger isn't he?", Kenzie almost immediately reacted and looked up.
That voice was too familiar.
A young man entered with a lollipop in his mouth , he sat with his legs in the air across the chair.He had a hoodie on.
"Mike?", these words came out slowly but shaky.
He looked up and smiled.
"You are a deadly dying donkey, oh that's not it, sick, slythering snake... okay you get it,, anyways I don't know you, maybe it's because you are behind bars"
"Are you real?", Kenzie asked looking deep in his eyes.
He just laughed and stood up to leave.
"Answer me, is this my hallucination."
"Get out of here to find out ", and with that he laughed as he left.
"Wait Mike, Mike, listen ", the warden came and fetched her.
"Your time is up", she said grabbing her.
"Wait did you see the guy in here, did you?"
She dragged her anyways.
"Get the nurse over here", the officer said to one of her colleagues.
After some minutes, the doctor came with some nurses.
"Calm down dear, calm down ", they said grabbing her.The office let go and went to attend the warden by the door.
"Did you find anything?"
He shook his head.
"Besides the lawyer,no one came to see her, I checked even the CCTV footage "

The officer sighed looking back at Kenzie who was shouting Mike's name, demanding to meet him.
"What a crazy lunatic, let's go"
The warden nodded and they left.

How you like this little surprise, I also didn't see it coming tbh but here we are fast forwarded,I hope you enjoy, please comment and vote 🌚✌️New Year,new book, I am already informing you all, a new book is cooking up, I want to finish this one first but don't worry something else is coming, any clues?

Black Heels जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें