Part 19

A/n: Please vote. And do let me know your opinion on this chapter. Enjoy~ 💖

Lisa: It has been a very tiring week. . .I just want to jump on my bed, wrap myself around my comfy blanket and sleep.
Rose: Girl same. *Rose said stretching her arms* I just want to go home.
Lisa: I miss my mom's pad thai.
Rose: Oi I heard there's going to be a sort of competition in our university.
Lisa: Huh? Really? What competiton?
Rose: I couldn't see it, since there were too many people crowing over the notice board place.
Lisa: Mr. Lan is going to announce about it later on.
Rose: You called and he arrived.
Lisa: Who?
Rose: Mr. Lan.
Lisa: Oh.
Mr. Lan: Good afternoon everyone.
Everyone: Good afternoon Mr. Lan:
Mr. Lan: I have an announcement to make. . .but before that let's start our lesson.

Everyone took out their notepads and started taking notes as Mr. Lan gave his lecture.

After 2 Hours

Mr. Lan: Let's wrap up today's lecture. Before I leave does anyone have any questions?
*Everyone shooked their head and a few said no. Mr. Lan nodded in approval* Now onto the announcement. We have arranged a cooking competition in our university. I know this is unexpected. Which is why we are reluctant to do this. We thought it would be enjoyable. Is anyone interested in taking part? *Mr. Land waited a few minutes for them to decide. Everyone started chatting, considering whether to join or not.*

Rose: Lisa, why doing you participate?
Lisa: Me? No way!
Rose: Why not? You are good at cooking.
Lisa: Maybe but not THAT good.
Rose: Oh come on Lisa.
Lisa: I might know how to make tasty dishes, but I struggle with presentation. I can't cut onions or garlic properly. I cook just for fun.
Rose: Lisaaa you have to give it a try at least.
Lisa: Nope.
Rose: I'll clean the apartment for 3 months if you win. 2 months if you come second and 1 month if you come top 3rd.
Lisa: Mmm. . .still no.
Rose: I'll also do the laundry and do the dishes as well.
Lisa: Okay. *Lisa turned her head to Mr. Lan and raised her hand* Mr. Lan I want to sign up for the competition.
Mr. Lan: Anyone else? *And a few students raised their hand as well* Amazing! Now Let me tell you.  This cooking competition is going to be divided into 3 days. Each week one competition. On the first day we are going to select students based on the taste of their food. On the second day we would look for taste and smell. And on the final day we are going to look for Taste, smell and as well as the presentation of the food. And the competition will start next month. Everyone has enough time to prepare themselves.  Is that clear? 
Everyone: Yes Mr. Lan.
Mr. Lan: Okay, just give me your names later on. Good bye.

—————— x ——————

Rose: Lisa. . .what is this?
Lisa: Food. Try it.

Rose: *The fear on Rose's face didn't go unnoticed by Lisa

Rose: *The fear on Rose's face didn't go unnoticed by Lisa. Rose looked back at her food and gluped* You sure?
Lisa: Do you think I'll poison you?
Rose: I didn't mean that. Okay I'll eat. *She held the tip of the food. DO she call it hair of the momo? And than held it infront of her lips and pause. She had second thoughts to herself and hesitated to put it inside her mouth. . .but at the end she ate it. And to her surprise it tasted great, better than what it looks like* This is actually very good.
Lisa: Really? You think so?
Rose: I don't want you to be embarrassed during the competition. Of course I'm not lying. And if you think I'm saying this to comfort you, you can try this yourself. *Rose feed the half eaten dumpling to Lisa and she chew on it. Okay yes. . .not that bad. This is edible, more than that.* Your food tastes amazing, i think you just need to work more on the presentation of the food.
Lisa: Yeah you are right. But what should I do?
Rose: YouTube? You can see different videos to improve yourself.
Lisa: Mmm. . .no.
Rose: Why not?
Lisa: Videos can't capture smells or tastes, which are essential in cooking. You might miss out on these important aspects of the learning experience. And unlike a real teacher, you can't ask questions or get instant feedback from a video. It's a one-way communication.
Rose: That's true. So are you planning to take cooking classes?
Lisa: I guess?
Rose: Hmm. . .okay.

As Rose went to wash the dishes, Lisa sat at her room, thinking what meal should she prepare for dinner tonight. As she was thinking to herself, she felt her phone vibrate in her  pocket. She pulled out her phone from her pocket to see who it was.

Brother.

Without thinking anything, she picked up the video call. 

Lisa: What is it?

Jin: That's not how you greet elders.

Lisa: My bad. Hello great grandfather. How have you been doing?

Jin: Do you see wrinkles on my face?

Lisa: Lots.

Jin: Yah! I'm still young. My face glows better than you. *Lisa Rolled her eyes at him* Anyways I'm coming over for dinner.

Lisa: Okay? Just you?

Jin: Yes. Is where any problem?

Lisa: No, but what about sister Jisoo?

Jin: Oh she went to her hometown yesterday. 

Lisa: And let me guess, you are way to lazy to cook for yourself? 

Jin: Exactly.

Lisa: *Lisa gave Jin a disappointed look and than nodded* Okay. What do you want to eat?

Jin: Lentil soup.

Lisa: And?

Jin: Nothing else. I'll bring over Rasmalai on the way.

Lisa: Rasmalai??

Jin: Yes.

Lisa: You are the best brother! Thank you!

Jin: I kno-

Lisa: Brother.

Jin: Know. . .What?

Lisa: Do you perhaps know anyone who is good at cooking?

Jin: Why? 

Lisa: Well there is this cooking competition at our uni next month. I wanted to participate. I'm looking for someone who can teach me how to cook and-

Jin: But you are good at cooking?

Lisa: Not at presentation.

Jin: . . .True.

Lisa: Brother!

Jin: What??? I still remember the time you served me riced rice and tried to make it look like a white owl, with red lips and eyes made of cucumber. It looked cursed.  *Jin noticed that Lisa felt sad knowing that* Ayee don't cry! Crying costs  133,430 ₩. Okay okay but the food was good okay? I'm being honest.

Lisa: I'm not crying brother. Now tell me do you know anyone?

Jin: Mmm. . .i think . . .oh yes! Jungkook is good at cooking! Not good, he is a master chef! You should ask him. 

Lisa: Uh. . .Brother Jungkook?

Jin: Yes.

Lisa: But he's a very busy person. Burred in loads of work you know, I don't want to burden him.

Jin: Aish, don't worry.  I bet he won't hesitate to help you.

Lisa: But still.

Jin: And it's free.

Lisa: Mmm. . .Okay I'll see.

Jin: Okay than make good food for me. Bye.

Lisa: B-

--Call Ended--

Lisa looked at her phone screen for a few seconds in disbelief.

Rose: What did your brother say?
Lisa: He told me to ask brother Jungkook.
Rosé: Oh okay that's good.
Lisa: Yes but, I feel like I shouldn't bother him.
Rosé: There's nothing to be bothered about. If he is busy he'll just say no. Nothing else.
Lisa: What if he–
Rosé: No what ifs. Why are you so nervous for?
Lisa: . . .right.

Lisa took out her phone again to contact Jungkook.

She dialed his phone number and waited for Jungkook to pickup the call.

💕TO BE CONTINUED💕