New Moon: Chapter Forty-Seven

"You have to get it together. Now." Lyvia demands. "Get out of this bed."

"Leave me alone," I grumble.

"No. You need to get up and out of your room. Do you know how close your dad is to sending you somewhere?" When I don't respond she continues. "He's talking mental hospital, Netta!"

"I don't want to. Let me rot in peace." I have been in my room for months. It's now the end of February. I quit school. I knew I wouldn't be leaving anytime soon, so I quit. I left everything behind. My dad and Anna went to my apartment and grabbed everything. Apparently, Jasper left everything behind. He didn't take one thing. Fucking dick.

Bella started feeling better, or whatever her version of that is, last month. She's been hanging out with Jacob Black. They are doing dangerous shit. Motorcycles. She's gonna kill herself, I swear.

"Absolutely not. I'm going to give you some tough love." Oh god, here we go. "The Cullens suck. They fucking left you. Bella. Me. They are not worthy of this misery."

"They were family to me, Lyv. I was in love with him."

He fucking left me. Maybe she's right. After everything we went through, I wasn't enough to stay. Fuck that. I sit up and throw my blanket off. Anger begins to cloud my eyes. She's right. Our relationship is not worthy of mourning over.

"Get angry, Netta."

"I hate him. So much. I feel like I will never be happy again. Every day is the same. Miserable. I can't miss him anymore." It feels good to finally let this out. The tears finally fall. Lyv jumps on my bed and holds me. I cry so hard, my tears stain her shirt. That lasts about 10 minutes. "I won't miss him anymore. I need to move on. Find happiness in myself and my life."

"Let's get you back to the badass Netta we all know and love." She's right. Badass me, here I come.