Part 17 - The repentance

" Kanha ji ki lakh lakh sukhar hai , Manjari ji got what she deserved. We don't have to deal with her anymore " Manish commented on the verdict as everyone nodded in acceptance.

" Yes bade papa, I hope that lady rots in jail for what and all she did to Akshu, Aaru and Abhinav ji. She is so pitiful. But isn't it strange that Abhimanyu never showed up in court?" Kairaav questioned feeling suspicious.

" Haan.. bahut ajeeb hai" swarna accepted with him.

" No.. it's not at all strange.. I spoke with shefali bhabhi yesterday . She told me that from the day of the accident, he rarely comes home. Even if he does he is always in intoxicated state. Only Anand tauji arranged for the lawyer , Abhimanyu doesn't even know what is happening anywhere. The most strange thing is he didn't even visit Manjari ji in jail " Aarohi recounted her conversation with Shefali.

" Badi maa... can you call chachi maa and enquire about Akshara? It's almost late evening she must have woken up " Abhinav requested Swarna . He didn't want to speak about the case , it's over now. He just wanted to move on with their life.

" Ji " Swarna dialed and moved away to speak. She came back after a minute looking nervous.

" Surekha told that maa ji suddenly got breathing problems ,so she had to take her to hospital. Since Akshu was still sleeping, she didn't wake her and left as Ramu kaka was at home" Swarna informed making everyone nervous.

" Swarna, what are you saying? How is maa ji now? Which hospital did she take her to? Why didn't she call us?" Manish bomarded her with a string of questions.

" Manish ji, calm down.. Maa ji is fine, it was a wheezing attack. She took her to our regular doctor, he gave maa ji an injection and they are now returning back to home . She did try to call us but since we were all inside court, our phones were not reachable. Nothing to worry. " Swarna reassured as Manish took a deep breath.

" But badi maa, I had told Ramu kaka to pick up Abhir and Ruhi from their karate class . He would have left by now. " Aarohi told them.

" iska matlab.. Akshara ab akele hai ghar mei?" Abhinav asked panic stricken

" Bhai Ji.. why are you getting tensed? Afterall it's our house only, she will be fine " Muskaan tried to assure him.

" I know Muskaan, but still I'm not feeling good. Let's go to home quickly " he rushed everyone to the car and drove as fast as he could.

**************************************

Akshara's mind tried to recollect the last time she met Abhimanyu. It was when they were celebrating mimi's birthday. That time she remembered the pain he had casued in her heart being raw. The anger burning inside her due to his accusations on the fateful day.

But today facing him she felt nothing.. no hurt, no anger , not an iota of emotion towards him. If anything she felt some gratitude towards him as he had given up the custody of Abhir. Ehsan.. the only thing her heart held for him.

" Abhimanyu, tum yahaan kya kar rahe ho?.. Ghar mei ab koi nahi hai .. please chalo jao yahaan se ... tumhare halat theek nahi hai " She requested looking at his intoxicated state.

" I know.. I know there is no one at the house right now.. everyone is at the court right? Giving witness against maa" his words slurring due to alcohol.

Akshara looked at him confused.

" Abhimanyu.. what are you blabbering? How much did you drink?.. leave from here at once" She ordered him.

" How much did I drink? So much so that I didn't even go to court to see my mother for one final time. How could I face her? I failed as a son too. Akshara , I know whatever she did was sinful but she was the only person who stood by me throughout. " Abhimanyu spoke confusing Akshara to the core.