Care? Please, I couldn't care less...

- Y/N -

I was with Zeldris, cuddling. "What do you think Meli is doing?" I asked suddenly. I felt him tense at my question. "How would I know? Why do you care anyways?" he asked, hugging me. "Care? I couldn't care less Zel," I laughed, brushing off his question.

'Of course I do, why wouldn't I?' I thought to myself. "Why do you care?" I asked back. "I care for your well-being. Nothing else," he said, ending the conversation. "Oi, there are a crowd of humans in a festival nearby, wanna head out?" Derierie asked, barging in. Monspiet came jogging in to drag her back out. 

I laughed. "I love her, she's such a wildcard," I said, nuzzling into his chest. He planted a kiss, "Let's go, we can't let them have all the fun now can we?" he said winking as he slowly got up. "But I'm tired," I whined. He chuckled, "Fine, how many souls?" he asked, sharpening his sword.

(IDK if he actually does that lmao)

"0, I just want some bread, that'll do," I said. "Y/n, you need to feed your demon side too, otherwise your power can't grow. You know the others will pick on you," he said, knowing well why I didn't want to consume souls. For who else, but his brother?

"I know," I said simply. He sighed. "But you'll protect me," I said with a grin, making him smile slightly at my childishness. "Of course I will. Be back real quick," he said before leaving the tree. I was about to sleep when I felt an enormous presence nearby. I groaned. "What now?" I asked myself wondering which idiot forgot their things and turned back. 

I walked out of the tree only to see a tusk of blonde hair speed by. 'What the hell?' I asked myself looking around. "Meli? That you?" I asked, cautiously walking around. "Where are they?" I heard him ask. "Why?"

"You know better than to answer my question with another question," he said, appearing before me with his demon mark out. 

= FLASHBACK =

Meli got angry again cause Galland 'defied' him. Meli asked where Estarossa was and Galland asked him why he wanted to know. The truth was, Galland was covering for Estarossa cause he went out to get a gift for their captain's birthday. 

Before Meli went ballistic on Galland, I held him back by the collar. He shot me a look but calmed down when he realised it was me. "Calm your hot head down," I said, with a serious expression. He smirked, "Or what?"

= END OF FLASHBACK =

I smirked at his response. "Or what?" I asked with a brow raised. He growled as I mouthed 'pay back'. "I'm serious Y/n. I want to solve this issue immediately," he said, turning around to look at the horizon. 

"What do you think? They went to eat souls," I said with a 'duh' look. He looked back at me startled. "Where?" 

"I don't know," I shrugged. "..." Nothing but silence radiated from him. "... and you didn't follow them?" he asked, looking up at me, his emerald green eyes staring into my e/c eyes. "Didn't feel like it, no particular reason," I said rolling my eyes.

"Ami," he called out but I ignored him. One thing about me is, I don't forgive easily. And I sure as hell,  do not forget. "Do you know why I call you Asami?" he asked randomly. "No, I don't think I want to know," I simply said, refusing to forgive him for making me suffer for 3000 freaking years.

"Asami means Beauty," he said. I turned around to face him but he was already in front of me. "And you are still just as beautiful as the day I lost you, Ami," he said, leaning in for a kiss. 

BOOM.

"Damn, they seriously didn't take their time," I said aloud. I should've known better, Zeldris stays true to his word, no matter what. "Well look what we have here, a traitorous demon on the run,"

"What are you doing here?" Zeldris asked in pure disgust. "Visiting my fiance, it's not wrong," Meli chuckled, irritating Zeldris further. Zeldris clutched his sword. "Zel," I said warningly. Meli put his demon mark up with a menacing grin. "Bring it on," 

I sighed. Boys will be boys. They charged at each other and started slashing at each other.