A talk about the past

~ y/n ~

How dare he! Still taking care of that.. that.. I scowl out loud that makes the ground shake.

Someone covers my mouth. "It's me" a deep and raspy voice whispers in my ear before letting me go.

"Why'd you do that?" I ask annoyed. "That depends.. why did you overuse your power?" He asks in all seriousness.

This boy..

~ Zeldris ~

"He's still with.. her.." she says crossing her arms.

I fly closer to her. "You must be so happy! Now you have me all to yourself! But you're wrong! I know its just a stupid curse! It's.. it's.. not him.." she says tearing up.

I hug her. We're about the same height but she's slightly taller than me and brother but I somehow manage to put my chin on her head.

"I won't stop you from loving my brother.. I just don't want you to mess up so bad that I can't help you out.." I say rubbing her back.

She wipes her tears away and smiles. "Way to cheer up a girl Zeli.." she says rolling her eyes playfully.

I chuckle and we fly to Edinburgh. We settle down on the highest of branches as we watch the sunset.

"N/n.. what actually happened?" He asks.

"Hm.. Well.. "

¤ Flashback ¤

I was searching for Meli. We needed him. I needed him. My best friend, Arakan, died before my eyes by the goddess clan.

Imagine my hurt when I see one of my lovers, my fiancé hugging another woman?

"Meliodas?" I say trembling as I see him hugging the number one enemy.

"Y/n.." he says reaching out to me. Suddenly, I felt myself starting to get sucked into the coffin of eternal darkness.

"Ami.. not you too.." Meliodas says as a tear runs down his cheek.

¤ End of flashback ¤

~ Meliodas ~

"And that's what happened.." I tell Merlin as everyone else was asleep.

She remembers when I would talk to her about y/n. And when she would see my Ami in battle.

"Hmm.. so.. she's the REAL reason you formed the sins?" She asked. I nodded sadly.

"Unfortunately I moved too slow.. yet again.." I said. Merlin looked surprised to see me sad.

No one would ever see me SAD. Not Merlin. Not Elizabeth. The only person I warmed up to, the one I showed emotions to, was, MY Ami..

"She and I got engaged at a young age. See, she was originally a human living with her older brother in a kingdom that is now in ruins"

"She was just a baby. Her brother, was 7. One night, my father decided that she was the perfect future choice for his sons.. so he took her.."

"And brought her up as his own. He even let her drink his blood till she 3! That's how she became a Demon.. me and my brothers grew up with her.."

"As I was slowly developingfeelings for her, so was my youngest brother,  Zeldris. It was always war to get her attention.."

"Anyway.. long story short when we were 18, father engaged me and Zeldris to y/n.." I ended.

I didn't want to think any further of it.. I love my Ami.. it's just.. she's not who she used to be..

She was always so cheerful when we were kids. But as we grew up, I guess we slowly drifted apart.

Me and my brother always on missions to help father expand his reign. When she was 14, she joined the commandments and was second in command.

Zeldris wasn't happy that he wasn't chosen as second in command but it was fine since it was y/n.

So day by day, year by year we would spend it together, having each other's backs.

It was good then. But, I realised that killing and all the bloodshed could be stopped.

I wanted to end the holy war.. for.. my Ami, zeldris and me to live in peace. But I guess..

Life isn't always easy.. I did stop the war. But Zeldris and y/n was trapped.. I don't know how much I cried.

As soon as y/n was sealed, the Demon King and Supreme deity cursed us before they too, were sealed.

I cried and cried for decades as I walked through the empty and destroyed land. My ami.. my brother.. Elizabeth.. everyone I hold dear, gone..

After watching Liz die, I decided. It was time to gather everyone and keep my promise to y/n.

And here we are now..

"Captain!" I snapped back into reality. "Hm? Oh sorry.. just.. recreating memories.." I mumble to Merlin.

"Captain its best for you to sleep.. tomorrow his Majesty wants to see us.. sleep well.." she said floating up the stairs of the Boar Hat.

Is she crazy?!

I promised my Ami we'd talk! I shook my head and got up. Left the Boar Hat and spread my wings.

And took off.. it's not too late.. its not too late..