41

Jo's P.O.V.

"What are you doing here?" I was surprised to see Brittany who seemed to be coming out from Mrs.Schmidt's house.

I looked behind her where Mrs.Schmidt was standing on her door frame, smiling and waving at me.

I smiled back at her.

I was hoping she would go back inside, but she didn't. I don't want her to hear me pushing Brittany away.

"Can we talk?" My eyes diverted to her electric blue ones. They seemed in pain and sad.

I looked again where Mrs.Schmidt was and she was still there, still smiling.

I had no other choice but to let Brittany inside.

I walked straight to my bedroom and with her following me. I would love this conversation to take place in our living room but I feel more depressed just by looking at our dirty sofa, you can't even sit on it.

"Thank you for..." 

"I don't want to hear it, what are you doing here? And what were you doing in Mrs.Schmidt's house?" I asked her as I threw my bag on my bed.

Brittany looked startled... And scared? 

"I'm... First, I just want to apologize for what I said at the field, I didn't mean that I swear!" She was looking at anything but me, her hands were not idly by, she was fidgeting I think.

This is the first time I have seen Brittany like this, helpless and out of words.

"Second... I umm, I came here earlier, and Mrs. Schmidt happened to be outside. She invited me inside for tea and I couldn't resist... "

Finally, her electric blue eyes found mine.

I was mad but I couldn't help but drown in her eyes. She was looking at me intently while making small steps towards me. 

I want to step backward but my feet seem to be glued down to the floor.

Brittany took my hands with her, she looked down gazing at our hands. We were just inches apart so imagine my self-control not to pull her in for even just a hug.

"Rachel told me you were crying in the morning..." 

Brittany lifted her face, meeting my eyes. She was staring at me so lovingly then diverting to my lips, going back to my eyes again, then again to my lips.

Whatever she's doing, it's working.

So much of self-control.

In just a second, I closed our gap. I pulled her by the hand, crashing her softness to mine.

She was surprised at first but recovered quickly. 

Soon enough, our tongues were dancing together to a sound only our hearts knew.

I was still mad but god, kissing her washed everything away. All the pain I felt from last night to this morning, seemed to all be gone.

"How are you doing this to me, Brittany? How can I not stay mad at you?" I whispered on her lips in between kisses.

She didn't answer that but just kissed me passionately. She was pushing me till my back reached my wall.

Then I felt her hand on the hem of my shirt, gently lifting it. Her fingers touching my bare skin sends a shiver down my spine.

I'm so hot, my body screams hot and Brittany knows it. 

She removed my shirt, separating our lips for a moment but reconnecting it right away.