Season 1 Episode 8: Duel with a Ghoul - Pt1

Start from the beginning

Suddenly he held his hand out infront of Amikou as her cold stare softened as she uncrossed her arms and saw a star chip resting in his palm.

Joey: I wanna give ya back the star chip you gave me... I'll start over from the ground up.

The rest of the group looked surprised by Joey's offer as Jason silently stood next Yami with a smile.

Joey: I know it probably won't make up for what I said, and I know that you're fightin' for ya little brotha.... I'd probably do the same thing if it was my little sister.

Amikou: Joey....

Joey: Take it. I don't want ya to face that pin-headed jerk with only one star chip, and maybe if ya want... We could try to still be friends?

Joey smiled as Amikou looked up at him with sadness before reaching her hand out to his open one. But instead of taking the star chip, she reached out and closed Joey's hand and put it close to his chest as to his confusion.

Amikou: ...Of course I still wanna be friends... Meeting you guys was the best, and I was just scared. Seto could be a jerk at some points, and I didn't want you all to think of me like that.

Yami: We would never imagine you as such.

Jason: You aren't like your brother, Ami. We can see that without even thinking about it.

Amikou smiled as tears started to well up in her eyes as she released Joey's hand as she stared at him. Her smile drops as she sees the red mark on his cheek.

Amikou: I-i'm sorry about slapping you Joey.

Joey: Eh? Oh, heh. Ain't no big deal. I guess I did deserve it.

Joey laughed as he walked over and wrapped his arm around Amikou's shoulders as he smiled rubbing his cheek.

Tea: But what about your star chips? You still only have one.

Amikou: Weeeeeeell.....

Amikou lifted up her glove and showed that she has four stars on her glove causing the group to be taken back by the surprise.

Tristan: Whoa! You managed to get three more star chips?

Jason: Impressive...

Amikou: I knew I was going to be facing a heavy challenge. So I found a duelist and managed to play an all or nothing duel against him, luckily I won and doubled my star chips.

Joey: Hehe, so I guess we're still in the game, huh?

Amikou nodded as she was relieved that they talked, the group discussed things further as their relationship as friends grown. They spent the next few hours working on helping Amikou with her strategy.

-Timeskip-

Four hours went by in a flash as the group made their way to the Duel Arena-146 where Kemo was seen still holding onto Mokuba as the little brother continued to struggle.

Mokuba: Ami, over here! Get him off me!

Amikou: Mokuba! Put him down now!

The group walks over to the guard who was standing next to the arena.

Kemo: I'll consider it if you win the duel.

Jason: And how do you expect to duel while latching onto Mokuba like a teddy bear?

Kemo: Oh, I never said I would duel.
There is your opponent.

Kemo points up to the red side of the Duel Stadium as someone was already standing on the platform.