9. If the whole world was watching

Start from the beginning

E: Your place?

C: Would love to, but shouldn't you-

E: Ryan?

I don't let him finish and turn around. My bodyguard was always with me but I didn't want to scare Charles away. Ryan caught me when I wanted to leave. He knows from Charles and knows what I feel about August (like nothing). I trust Ryan. The only one in the palace. Ryan comes out of the bushes since he always hide. Charles has drops as he sees him and doesn't know what to say. I give him a sorry smile for not letting him know.

R: Your highness?

C: How did he? How? How did I not notice him?

R: That's my job.

Ryan laughs with me even tho I tried to stay serious. It's normal for me, but I get it's not the normal world out here.

E: Ryan, please take the night off. I'll stay over Charles.

R: I don't want to ruin this since I watched you, but you shouldn't do this, your highness.

I put my hand on his arm. I know I'm not allowed to be touchy, but I want to make sure Ryan can live with my decision.

E: Please don't. You're off, that's my command. Surprise your wife. She'll be happy to have you tonight.

He sees my desperate look. Hoping for him to play this game with me. He sighs. I know we won't resists. I already smile.

R: Fine. BUT i'll take you both. Get in the car.

I jump happily and look to Charles. He takes my hand as we follow Ryan to the car. He drives us to Charles apartment. We get out as we arrived. I look through the door.

E: Thank you, Ryan. Enjoy your night off.

R: Don't make me regret it.

I shake my head and close the door. It still heavily rain so I ran with Charles laughing into the building. We get in with fully wet clothes. The water drops from my dress. I nearly slip away because of the water. Charles catches me in the right moment.

C: Careful, princess.

E: It's so wet and cold, but I love it.

I wrap my arms around Charles neck after we took off our shoes.

C: So the princess doesn't even know rain, huh?

E: Only sunshine for me.

We joke around and tease each other. That's our thing. He grins and starts to kiss me. We get more passionate and it get heated. He presses me against the wall. I gasps but smile into another kiss. I close my eyes as he starts to kiss my neck. We got a bit interrupted as Arthur stands in the room.

A: Get a room, guys!

C: Go!

Charles mumbles still kissing me as he waves to his brother to leave us alone.

A: I'm hungry and you're soaking wet.

He stand right beside us. I can't help and giggle. I lean myself against Charles chest and wrap my arms around his body. He holds me but I can feel he's angry.

C: Bad timing for being hungry, isn't it?

I need to smile. I don't want them to fight because of me.

E: Well, I'm hungry too.

C: You are?

He looks surprised but also a bit sad. I give him a smile.