CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I woke up to see Cindy, standing at the end of the bed and Finnick must've left, cause my bed was empty. It was still dark though so I could only see some things. I was confused about how Cindy was here, she died. I sat up looking at her, waiting for her to speak. She never did though, I looked down at my outfit to see that I was back in my Hunger Games outfit. All the holes and wounds were there.

My breathing started to pick up as memories came flooding in of being back in the game. I looked back up at Cindy, although she wasn't the same. She slowly looked down at her chest which started to pour blood, it wasn't long till she collapsed to the floor and I had a panic attack.

I woke up startled and drenched in sweat, Finnicks arm was still around me. He must've woken up too because he sat up next to me and was trying to calm me down. He rubbed his hand on my back as I focused on my breathing, in, and out, in, and out.

"It's okay Ali, just breath" He kept rubbing my back as my breathing slowed down. "You okay" He was so sweet. I nodded and he laid back down, laying me on top of him.

He played with my hair in a way to help me drift back off to sleep, which happened in no time. Soon I fell asleep in the warm comfort of Finnick, My head was on his chest and my arm hugged his waist. He fell asleep not long after he had finished playing with my hair.

~~~

I woke up again to the sun peeking through the blinds, and Finnick was nowhere to be seen. I sat up rubbing my eyes and taking in my surroundings. Everything looked perfectly fine. I lifted the duvet so I could wriggle out, I stood up putting on a pair of slippers and a hoodie with some flared jeans and made my way over to the door. I opened it and the smell of bacon filled the air.

I walked down the bacon-filled hallway and into the kitchen where I saw, Camilla, Finnick, Beatrice, and also Ruby. They all had their backs to me so I snuck up behind Bea and hugged her from the back.

"Hi Bea" She jumped but when she realized it was me she turned around and embraced me in an even bigger hug.

"Look at you, our newest victor, I'm so proud of you" She let go of the hug and I gave her a warm smile, not like my usual flirty smile.

"Thank you, I missed you so much"

"I missed you too" I stepped away from her and over to the seat by Camilla (me, Camilla, Beatrice, Ruby). Everyone looked at me funny except Finnick who was standing up cooking the bacon. "What" I said annoyed at why they were looking at me.

"Are you not gonna say hi to Ruby". Beatrice spoke up, Camilla knew I didn't like Ruby but she still looked at me funny.

"No" I gave them a cold answer and I could hear Finnick laugh, you could tell he tried not to. They turned back to having a conversation leaving me out of it. "Am I supposed to say hi, you guys weren't this mad when I didn't say bye" They were being annoying now.

Camilla turned to me leaving the other two to speak "They just don't get why you don't like Ruby, and" I felt bad but I cut her off before she could say anything else.

"Oh would you look at the time, I've got to go to the doctor, bye" I stood up and walked towards the exit.

"But Alexa your appointment isn't for another hour" I flipped Ruby off as she spoke not sparing her a glance. I opened the front door and started making my way towards the hospital wing. I walked slowly down the hall as Ruby was right, my appointment wasn't for another hour.

I walked into the elevator and pressed on the top floor, I figured I'd chill out on the roof for a bit. It was about a five-minute ride up to the roof, the doors open and I stepped out onto the roof seeing a man I don't think I've seen before. I believe his name was Haymitch, as Camilla said earlier.