Chapter 16

[The silence is deafening. You're on your own.]

-

The headquarters of the Knights of Favonius only held the echoes of the Creator and Klee. The teal irises of the Chief Alchemist laid cold as they graced over the bard in front of him, staring unblinkingly as Venti's head tilted ever so slightly from the stare. The wind carried the silent words, straightening the posture of the bard as his lips parted silently.

Blond eyebrows furrowed dangerously, causing the Archon to shut his mouth once more with a quiet, understanding nod. Of course he'd be looked down upon. The other Archons already did, so it was bound to happen with his people. There was a reason Albedo forbade the Knights from watching the Ley Line. He himself had seen the outcome. The silence wrung between the two; Venti's eyes averting towards the sparkling tiles only to see his own sorrowful, pitiful self. He deserved worse, but he's trying to make up for his deeds.

But his best isn't good enough.

◇◆◇◆

A small groan left the Creator's lips as they nestled further into the pillow. They were no longer fatigued, but it was too warm to leave the comfort of a nice bed rather than the floor. They hesitantly cracked open an eye, blinking away the blur of their vision that mixed the colours of the room together. It was a simple room, painted with beige to keep a neutral but respected form, but their sight lay upon the green nearby. They lifted themselves up, rubbing at their eyes to rid of the forming tears and the dust that clung to their tear ducts. The air around them brushed their face every so often, following the breathing pattern of the Anemo Archon who rested so calmly nearby.

He was situated on the floor, keeping his knees close to him as his cheek rested against the white dresser with golden handles and outlines. His eyelids were closed, letting his lashes relax against his cheeks even though one was smushed against the wood, as his soft breathing was the only thing audible in the room. His beret was slightly slipping off, the Cecilia's bottom petal delicately touching the furniture he lay against.

That can't be comfortable... [Name] slowly stood themselves up, stretching their limbs before letting out a small 'Ow, shit-' as their side cramped up from the position they were in for who knows how long. They noticed their feet were free from the confinement of their shoes, searching for them as they carefully tip-toed towards the window to see if the sun was up. They immediately squinted as a beam of light covered their face, closing the curtain instantly as they whined quietly to themselves. Yep, definitely day. They blinked a few times, sighing as they saw the colours each time they blinked.

They did their best to ignore it, turning their attention to the defenceless bard and knelt down by his side. They carefully rest their hand on his knee, bringing the other to his shoulder to gently awaken him from his slumber. Eventually, his eyes pried open along with his lips as he yawned into his hand, gazing around curiously as his mind struggles to wake up and remember where he was, who he was and what dimension he was in. He eventually perked up, smiling as he greeted the Creator giddily. "Morning~" He chirped, getting up with them as he shakes off the sleep from his system. "Someone slept well~"