Chapter 7

TW: Mentions of eye gore: eye pierced, object inside eye

~~~

Actions speak louder than words.

-

He couldn't believe his luck. He had already crossed paths with the Creator in his lifetime, eagerly agreeing to gift them one of his belongings and was content with being as close as he had been with them. But he ran into them again.

However, it wasn't as doting and domestic as he had initially hoped for. His mind recalled the subtle mentioning of an uttering from them, questioning his intentions 'as well'. The Ley Line confirmed his distress.

He wanted to leave, to back away and keep the Creator safe for his own selfish reasonings. But he stood there, watching as they began to break from the scene. He wasn't sure how to comfort, especially the sacred Creator. What if he upset them?

I

t didn't matter now. He had to perform, and lock away the knowledge he has to help the world heal. But, as his assistant spoke of the Ley Line he saw, he couldn't help but send a melancholy glance to the fleeting Creator.

He had much to atone for.

◇◆◇◆

The silence sickened him. The cool air only lifted the sounds of misery from his friend towards him, demanding an explanation for his negligence as the snow fell heavier. Tor's eyes trailed the snow path, trying to ignore the emotional baggage around him as the Creator gathered their feelings. "Why don't you want to be worshipped?" His voice carried to them and he could see their movement from the corner of his eye.

They looked directly at him with sorrowful eyes. "Because I'm sick of people walking on eggshells around me." Their eyes dropped to the ground as they leaned back, watching the snow land on their modern clothing (silently thanking anyone that they wore their everyday clothes rather than sleepwear). "All my life," they began with a whisper, "the more I think back, the more I notice. I was never in an equal friendship. Especially my teen years, God... My teen years." Their eyes rolled as they scoffed, "I knew fuck all. I was just there because I had nobody else and then I was surprised every time I got treated like shit. I was nothing more than a number to them. Another one to add to the large group of friends they had, but I was never included in anything. I've always struggled making friends and, if I'm worshipped, it'll be even harder in Teyvat."

His silence was soon realised, causing them to lift their head with an apologetic look.

"Sorry," they sighed, "I do that a lot. You didn't ask for my life story and I-."