CHAPTER 2: Restraint

En başından başla

"I'm taking him home with me."

"Charlie, I'll get going now," Alan announces with hesitance in his voice. He looks back once again at Babe who is still sleeping soundly in Charlie's bed.

The younger who noticed this was also not confident that he can handle this in his own just yet. "Uncle? Uhm, can you stay just for a few days? You know, just until Babe wakes up."

Alan, hearings his request, sighed in relief. That's actually what he wanted but he doesn't want to intervene with their matters. However, he worries that Babe might become scared if he woke up, seeing someone he barely knows and being in that person's house—and not to mention, that same person being his soulmate. He'll get overwhelmed for sure.

"Of course, I was planning to anyway." He then quickly scurries to Babe's things and grabs his clothes. "I need to change. I'll just borrow his for now."

And for some odd reason, Charlie didn't like the idea of Alan wearing Babe's clothes and smelling like him. "You can borrow mine," he offers.

"It's okay–

"It's not– I mean, you know. Nevermind." Charlie scratches his head, also taken aback by his own actions.

And Alan seeing his confused state, chuckles. "You know what? Okay, let me borrow yours." After saying this, it didn't escape his vision how Charlie's eyes lit up.

"Of course, let's go to my closet," Charlie beams and skips to his room.

He's already so possessive. I don't think Babe will like that. Alan states in his head as he walks back to Charlie's room.

"Here, uncle, you can wear these for now," Charlie says as he hand them to Alan.

"Yep, thanks."

But then, as they were about to walk outside Charlie's room, suddenly, Charlie halts and they heard moaning and the sound of heavy breathing.

"Babe! Charlie!" Alan exclaims as he gripped Charlie's arms. Charlie was covering his nose and also breathing heavily. He looks back at Babe and he was awake and so obviously in heat once again. He slaps both his hand on the younger's face.

"Charlie," Alan calls sternly.

"Uncle..." Charlie replies weakly.

Alan saw the restraint he's giving himself. "Charlie, it's okay, you're soulmates."

Charlie violently shakes his head. "It's not... I don't want to. Not like this."

The older one was shocked by this. "But you're both suffering."

"I don't want to take advantage of him. We don't even know each other yet. I don't want our instincts and bodies to know each other first," Charlie reasons.

But Alan heard it as a plea. You're a good person, Charlie. You're different.

"You have his heat suppressant, right? Inject it to him–

"But–

"You can restrain yourself well, I know you won't give in. I trust you," Alan reassures.

"Okay..." Charlie trails off. He search his pants and found the heat blockers then he looks at Alan one more time.

Alan on the other hand, pats his shoulder. "I'll be outside."

The enigma huffs a heavy breath before collecting himself and the little that's left of his sane mind. He turns on hi heel and slowly walked towards his mate.

"Babe..." he calls out. Their eyes locked and Charlie swore right then and there that his knees almost fell the floor.

The alpha reaches for his enigma, searching
for the other's touch and smell—and a release of this torturous need.

He grabs Charlie's shirt and plopped him down to the bed before straddling him; panting and whimpering.

"Shit." Charlie cursed, looking anywhere but Babe as he covers his lips.

But how could he ignore the beautiful alpha above him. So he looks back and stares. He bits his lips before pulling away from Babe and sitting down.

The alpha's hands snakes to Charlie's chest then to his face. "Please..." Babe asks needly. He tries to kiss him but Charlie moves his face away.

"No. This is not you talking," Charlie barely declines.

"I need you... Please?" Babe tries again but Charlie held both his hands with one hand and lays Babe down the bed, his hands above his head. Now, he's the one on top of the alpha.

"Trust me, I'd love to but... Not like this. Not when you don't know me or that you're in my house, in my bed, and that you're with me yet you can't call my name... or that we're soulmates..." Charlie says this not moving his eyes from Babe's own.

As he gaze in his soulmate's eyes, he noticed how it was glossy with tears from desperation. He stares longingly while the other struggles in his hold.

"I hope this will do for now," he whispers before placing a soft kiss to Babe's cheeks then injecting the suppressant to the alpha's leg. 

Moments later, Babe calmed down and went back to sleep again. He carefully carries Babe and tucked him to bed. He brushes the stray hairs from his face and wiped his sweat before placing  a kiss to his forehead.

Author's Note:

Way in the series could never 👀.