Chapter48: The Trip

Start from the beginning

"Why is she here?"

"Tama-chan had the kids meet at two o'clock for extensive training before she finally leaves. She didn't think it was safe to let the girl come alone, so she came with her.", Kakashi replied.

Sakura worked to find her footing quickly, and when she did, Karin was in a water barrier protecting herself from a Dragon flame fireball jutsu. She gawked, when compared to Naruto's one had to be ten time bigger. Tama's Dragon flame fireballs jutsu could easily take down a few housing blocks, at best.

When the jutsu died down, Karin had already retreated several paces back in order to redice the impact it had on her, but you didn't need to look twice to tell that she was badly worn out. Luckily, Akira was quicker on her feet, and she took Tama on in close combat, allowing Karin the chance to breathe.

She was so quick that one would expect her to land a hit on Tama, but Tama only got faster and faster with each move. Akira switched styles, taking on a more aggressive offence. Tama must've adaped before she could even begin, because Akira still couldn't land anything. If anything, it looked like Tama was happily dancing in a field of flowers. All this without activating the Sharingan.

At this point, Naruto had been shaken and flung around to a point that he had fainted. Somewhere in the trees, Sasuke was in a similar state because he thought he could take Tama in a Sharingan battle. Tama didn't even bat an eyelid as she kicked him right into dreamworld.

What a shame.

...

The girls blushed profusely as a black haired male studied them intently. He then turned to face Tama, a small smile on his face.

"They're older than I thought. Are they sisters?", he asked, in something of a carefree manner.

"Cousins, raised as sisters.", Tama replied. The male looked at them again.

"Girls, this is Shisui-san. Growing up, he was like a brother to me. Please say your greetings.", Tama said softly. Shisui paused and looked at her thoughtfully. Whenever he went to her house, Tama was either not there, sleeping, or about to leave. It was always, 'Hello Shusui-kun, see you later.', or Mikoto saying, 'Could you boys not train too far away? I need to go now and Tama-chan is sleeping. Don't be too loud, okay?'

The one that took the cup was Itachi sternly saying, 'Tama-chan hates noise, so let's be quiet. She's really delicate, you know.'

Shisui had asked why they couldn't just go and come back later. Surely Mikoto wouldn't notice and Tama wouldn't tell. Itachi's sheepish response was; 'If we do that then she'll run away when we can't see her.'

It was for this reason that Shisui believed that Tama was a troublemaker, because she had a caretaker who watched her every move, made sure that she went to her lessons, and made sure that she was never near a where the boys trained. Ultimately, he knew nothing about her at all.

"Hello Shisui-san, we're pleased to meet you.", the two girls said, although Karin's voice was especially barely audible. Shisui smiled at them absentmindedly.

"I'm pleased to make you acquaintance, as well, girls."

"I'm Karin, and this is my sister, Akira-chan, by the way.", Karin finally said. Shisui chuckled at how bold she was as compared to her sister. It was funny because the sister held a sharper, more calculative countenance.

"Right, let's get going. We need to get there as soon as possible.", Tama said as she began walking.

"We've collected your brother now, nee-san. So, where are we going?", Akira asked excitedly. Tama cast her a quick glance and turned her gaze back forward.