Chapter46: Enter Suitatsumi!

Start from the beginning

"Whatever you say, oba-san. I'll just be a lot of trouble to deal with.", she said as she turned to walk away. She paused, casting Tsunade a brief glance. "By the way, I'm not leaving Anbu while I'm at it, so we'll have to work around that."

Tsunade nodded, a smile coming onto her face as she watched the girl finally take her leave. Jiraiya came in through the window not a second later.

"There's no way you just did what I think you just did.", the man said. It was then that Shizune returned with a full jug of sake. Tsunade rose to her feet and turned to face him.

"I don't think I like that look on your face. Tsunade, I took Naruto on a dangerous trip just to find you. The boy almost died fighting for you. Please don’t do anything—"

"Anything stupid?", Tsunade asked as she took the jug from Shuzune. "Have I ever been the reckless kind, Jiraiya?"

Jiraiya pursed his lips, she was definitely up to something. Tama was a wild card where some things were concerned, according to Ibiki. Jiraiya trusted Ibiki wholeheartedly, the man wouldn't lie to him, not even with his own faction's operatives.

"You have no idea what you're doing.", Jiraiya said. Tsunade simply lifted her cup and winked at him, before downing its contents in one go.

"Guess what. I found Tomoe's hospital file. Apparently there was a miscarriage, so the hospital recorded that she died while giving birth, because of all the fluids that were on her bed. But no medic wants to say that they delivered that child. I looked around and found out that the first medic was removed from the room, then the baby was removed from Tomoe before she was taken away for burial. I didn't know you had it in you Jiraiya, and Kushina, she must've been trying to protect Hono's legacy, but to go this far... Well, how far from the truth am I?", Tsunade said.

Jiraiya blanched. What was going on?

...

"Sakura-chan, who taught you that jutsu from two days ago?", Kakashi asked as he looked down at the girl beside him. She beamed at him, swallowing the noodles that were in her mouth.

"Tama nee-san did, just before the final round of the Chūnin exams, along with a few other jutsu.", she explained. Kakashi blinked. Why was he not aware of this?

"Why didn't you use them in your match then?"

"Well, sensei, it would've been unfair to fight Ino-chan with jutsu while she had none to use against me. Besides, it gave me the chance to put my close combat skills to practice.", Sakura explained. Kakashi's brain must've stopped working as she was speaking.

Ino-chan?

"I thought you hated Ino.", Kakashi said. Sakura smiled a genuinely sheepish smile.

"I used to, a lot. We were good friends once, when we were younger, but then we discovered Sasuke-kun and she started bullying me when I showed my interest in him. That's when our friendship turned into an ugly rivalry. We used to have hideout and everything, frienship bracelets, even. It all went down the drain just like that. I geuss that after our match, we kind of found a way to work things out."

Wow.

He really didn't know his students. Even with Tama's warning, he didn't realise that Sasuke was so power-hungry that he would turn on his own teammates. He didn't see just how much Naruto wanted to match up with the boy. Nor did he realise how much Sakura worried about others, most especially her team, because he looked at things on the surface level from the get go.

"I didn't realise anything at all.", Kakashi said, mostly to himself. Sakura simply looked away, her smile turning rather somber.

"I wonder, now that they're able to fight each other the way they did two days ago, will it be this way from now on? Will we have to live with it?", she asked. It was a valid question, one that Kakashi couldn't answer because he didn't know what was going on with his students.