Catalina

"Lina!"My steps halted at the call of my name

"Lina!"My steps halted at the call of my name.My gaze flickering to my watch and sound of rushing steps reaching my ears.I turned out to find my friend lily rushing towards me.
As much as I love her I really want to shout at her for her constant attempts to stop me from doing this.
"You can't do this Lina...you can't stake everything like that...what you are going to do will only land you in trouble.He is dangerous..He won't react well to this."
"The only one who will land in trouble is him...He can't get away with what he did.And no I am not making any wrong decision it won't affect us or this cafe."
My gaze travelled around me...my coffee shop...It took me seven years to reach where I am...I own this lavish shop..I inherited it from my mom but the lavishness was not something I inherited...
It took me running for years to reach here and I will not...under no circumstances will lose this.
Roman Sokolov thinks he can get anything he wants...Take anything he desires but not this cafe...He wants to forcefully take this from me and I will not let this happen..
He needs to know what and who he is dealing with and he will know this today...regret this today..."I will make him pay..and nothing is going to stop me Lily".
Saying this I turned back and left the shop...
Next I knew was me standing in front of the huge intimidating building.I was so ready to do this.Baggy clothes,Huge glasses and most importantly a fake generalist ID.No one would recognise me.. Atleast not at the first glance.
"I swear if I got dragged into this mess..Lina!"Daniel my friend whispered beside me.
My eyes drifted to other seven generalists with him.Few of them from different press than Daniel.
"Don't worry I wont let you get dragged in the mess."I whispered back.
He let out a defeated sigh"You look ugly in this!"He whispered again.
"Takes a lot effort to look ugly"I whispered back making him snicker.
It took such a few minutes to reach the lift and finally to the conference hall of the building.
"Ladies and gentlemen please take your seats,Sir will be here in a minute".A blonde standing near the seats arranged on the platform spoke.We all gathered on the seats.
I looked around the huge hall.The place screamed money like everything else.One can take a glance of this place and tell whom did it belonged to.
Murmurmings drew my attention towards the entrance.
Blood rushed to my ears at the view infront of my eyes.Broad build.Exquisetely chiseled face.Tall enough to make grown men feel tiny.Power and intimidation in every step that he took.And eyes so cold that they felt disassociated with every emotion.Roman Sokolov was everything that described misery for enemies and friends is something I doubt he have..He makes sure his every action gives away the aura of the king of Empire.What is annoying however is that it seems completely effortless as this is a part of him.
But I know better than this to believe this perfectly crafted facade he has.Facade that will break today...Everyone stood up in his welcome..Flashes and sound of clicking of cameras filled the room along with continued murmuring.As if dismissing every presence in the room,he headed straight to his seat...or should I say throne considering the way he sat on it...
I glanced around to see every generalist clicking photos of him..and desperately raising their hands to interview him.Daniel was becoming a sweating mess beside me..."Welcome!"The deep raspy voice snatched back my attention to him.His voice just like him.Different.Authorative.And so many things I don't want to name.A few moments later questions were already being thrown his way and he answered all of them one by one with such calmness that defied his looks.
"When are you going to make your move?"Daniel said to me.
"At the right moment.Aren't you going to ask something?"I looked at his pale face."I would rather  sit and note his replies to other's questions..I have no courage left in me after knowing what's gonna happen in few minutes".
I shook my head and looked back at the man who has brought misery to my life for nearly two months.Big Mistake!My breathing stopped at the fact that his eyes were burning hole into my face.
His look unwavering and so unreadable that it made me gulp.A slight twitch in his left eye.
So slight that I can bet my cafe that it was a play of my imagination.He can't know me.There is no way he knows me.
I pushed my glasses further into my eyes.If I kept doing this there is no doubt that the glasses will be inside my eyes in few moments.
"I hope I have satisfied all the doubts".He said taking his gaze from me to the general audience.I  let out a breath I didn't knew I was holding and finally raised my hand.
Having his attention back on me was the last thing I needed right now but I need to end this.Soon.
"Yes?"He asked.
I stood up keeping my spine straight."What are your aspiration when it comes to expanding your business?"
"I aspire to expand my business by merging with start ups and helping them grow.One thing unique about start ups is quality.They offer quality...the only thing they don't have is capital.I prefer investing in them."
How highly of him to think that.
"Do you also prefer stomping on others to let your company grow.Mr.Sokolov?"His last name burned my tongue.
His expression hard.Still unreadable."Excuse me?"He definitely doesn't look shocked for someone who is getting exposed in front of cameras.
"You have been excused for nearly two months now.Mr.Sokolov."
I turned to the cameras which were in my direction.
In the meanwhile,Daniel vanished in the thin air.
"I want the public to know that Mr.Sokolov is a very ambitious man.So ambitious that he won't think twice before ruining other's dreams and aspirations.Just like he is trying to do with my cafe."
I finally took off the glasses which were irritating me all the while.Scribbling of the generalists on their notes fastened and so did the gossiping."Two months ago,Mr.sokolov sent his men to negotiate with me so that he can destruct my cafea and can expand his empire there.
When I denied..there were constant threats sent on my way and the workers in my cafe.This is how much ambitious and aspiring Mr.Sokolov is..."My  eyes finally glared at the man who still was sitting with the calmness which cannot be mistaken as one...His hand drew a small circle on the file kept infront of him.
While the blonde girl standing next to him probably his assistant looked my way worried expression.
Seriously?She should rather rather sympathize with her boss..
What I have done today is going to take so long to be clear.A stain to his reputation.And now he will know what it is to deal with me.