Chapter 3

"You're losing the audience."

"...Told ya so."

"Why you-!" Balling his hands into fists, Kiyomasa snarled at the snarky blond, tempted to show him a piece of mind before thinking better of it and shutting up in front of both of his commanders.

Hm. It might be petty of him, but demeaning and humiliating Kiyomasa infront of all of his subordinates as some sort of pleasure jaunt because of what he did to his friends is pretty entertaining in Takemichi's opinion. Then again, he really did have it coming for him.

I should probably invite Takuya and the rest over to my place tomorrow so they can spend the night. Just to make sure they're all right... I'll need to go to the store later then.

The blond hummed in thought as he planned for tomorrow night, ignorant to the chaos currently happening around him. It all fit, with them staying over for just tomorrow he could also have time to spare before he can go take the train to Yokohama to visit his sister. She lived in Yokohama along with their dad while he started to live in Tokyo with their mom a few months ago.

"Hey."

Takemichi blinked as he was drawn out of his thoughts, suddenly recalling where he was. Turning his head a bit, he looked over at the blond who had called out to him.

"Me?"

"Who else?" The blond approached the other until they were face to face, causing the latter's sweat to drop a bit. Their noses were practically touching each other at this point, but neither really cared about it that much nor really minded it.

"Ne, what's your name?"

Blinking, the cerulean eyed male looked down to meet a pair of onyx eyes, a spark of interest hidden behind their cool gaze. "Oh um, Takemichi. Hanagaki Takemichi."

"Takemitchy..." The blond tested out the name in his mouth, causing the boy in front of him to smile ambivalently at him, before smiling to himself content. "From now on, you're my pal, Takemitchy!"

"Eh?! O-Oh, alright... um.." Takemichi trailed off, remembering that he's not supposed to know Mikey's name yet. "I didn't catch your name yet. Not really partial to befriending strangers."

The blond barked out a short laugh. "Fair enough. Name's Mikey, and that over there-" He pointed towards the tall blond who had been following him. "-is Ken-chin."

"I told you not to call me that in public!"

Mikey merely laughed as he walked back to where his friend stood, ignorant of his twitching eyebrow. Then they both looked down at Kiyomasa who was bowing to them respectfully.

"Were you the one who organized these matches?"

At the question, Kiyomasa looked up at Mikey, a small smile making its way to his lips as he thought he gained his Commander's favor. "Yes, sir."

"Hm." Mikey smiled amiably before sending an axe kick towards his subordinate and grabbing his hair roughly. "Who the fuck do you think you are?" He continued to beat Kiyomasa up until he grew bored of it a few minutes later, much to the audience's dread.

"Let's go, Ken-chin. Fight rings are stupid." He said nonchalantly as he started to take his leave, purposefully stepping on the unconscious figure, but then stopped for a moment and turned around with a cheerful smile plastered on his face. "See you later, Takemitchy~"

__________

.

.

.

"Almost done yet?" A man asked impatiently, face shrouded in the dimly lit office.

The girl in question merely looked up from the papers she was working on before returning to her work. A minute passes, the clock on the wall emitting small ticking sounds every second that passes that seem irritatingly loud in the grand and still room when it resonates, and the man sighs, letting his exasperation be known.

"I don't have all day, you know."

"Oh yes, don't I know that." The girl remarked, subtly rolling her eyes, but kept her voice void of any emotion. Had the room not been so dark, she would have never, less she provoked the man and his anger. She had better things to do than deal with him. "And a minute barely takes anything off your time when it is all I need to finish my reports."

The man scoffed as he took the papers from the teen, "Don't act so high and mighty. Just because your father became the new boss, doesn't mean you'll automatically rise up in the ranks, Mari."

Since when did he get that impression?

The girl, Mari, sighed internally as she looked up at the man. Why can't their interactions just be kept professional and strict? Truth be told, she really hated the man. His methods were merciless and crude, and always involved innocent bystanders despite the change in hierarchy. "My apologies if you have gotten such an impression, Ibuse-san, but I merely wish to do my job to the best of my ability. So if you'll allow me, I'm sure Ishikawa-san is eagerly waiting for your return." With that said, Mari sat down to continue her work as Ibuse turned around and headed back towards the door displeased, but not before saying one final thing.

"You're working overtime. This includes paperwork for the next few days." Ibuse noted offhandedly, briefly skimming through the papers. "Hmn, do tell your brother I said hello."

At the mention of her brother, Mari paused and raised her head to shoot him a glare, resentment and hostility swirling in her eyes yet contained her voice evenly as she spoke. "I'm sure he wants nothing to do with you of all people."

A condescending smirk played on the man's lips, leering as his eyes held a familiar cruel gleam in them. "You're the same as ever. You of all people should know not to let your weakness be known so plainly."

The raven haired teen narrowed her eyes, "My brother is capable of defending himself. But even so, there aren't a lot of people outside of the mafia stupid enough to mess with me."

Ibuse let out a short laugh at that, mocking as he looked at the girl from the entrance of her office, "Well then, we'll just have to wait and see. People, after all, can become quite foolish when it comes to their loved ones." Finally, the man twisted the doorknob and stepped out of the room, leaving the girl alone to her thoughts.

(

I'm sorry for not updating in a long time, but I will try my utmost to do so now that break is over! (I needed a little time to relax from school)

I want to thank you all for leaving kudos, it really means a lot!💗💗💗 (And feel free to leave any ideas or prompts you have, I will credit you if you allow me to add it to the story if it fits!) 

)