CHAPTER 1: Collision

Start from the beginning

It's a fucked up system for Babe. He doesn't understand the reason for this. Not only is their hierarchical status and second gender decided for them, but also their mates or who they choose to love are as well.

Babe wishes he doesn't meet his soulmate even just for today. Whoever it is, they're certainly going to spoil the fun of meeting Way.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I'll think about that next time," Babe dismisses the topic.

Alan just looks at him with concern but then again he has no right to dictate Babe's choices in his life.

"Whatever you say. Anyway, uhm... The race starts at 10. I need to be there early. Just use my car if you want," Alan offered anticipating Babe to decline.

"Sure! I'll ask for a day off at the pub," he informs.

Slightly taken aback, Alan asks, "What? You didn't do that yesterday?"

"No, silly. I didn't expect that I'll be doing something for my birthday. I thought I was just going to work," Babe chuckles.

"Right. Well, you can go back to sleep now."

"Yeah, fuck you now, I can't even go back to sleep because of you and your little antics," Babe rolled his eyes teasingly.

"You're welcome?" Alans replies, unsure.

Babe laughs. "I'm kidding! I... I really appreciate the gift, Alan. Thank you," he genuinely said.

Alan nods and ruffles his already disheveled hair. "Enjoy your day, kid."

After doing a lot of convincing to his boss, he finally get to have his day off. He immediately rushed to the arena where the race will be held. It's almost 10 and thankfully, it's a VIP ticket so he can swiftly enter.

The VIP section is at the topmost part and one can clearly see everything that's happening in the race. Babe feels so pumped because this is his first time in the VIP section and not to mention, he has a chance of meeting Way.

The clock strikes 10 and within a few minutes, the final season began. Loud cheers echoed throughout the arena. Each fan screaming their biases and favorite team. And even more so when the racers for this season are individually announced.

The loudest cheer came from no other than Charlie, King of the Void, X-Hunter's number 1 racer and this season's MVP.

However, Babe on the other hand, became uncomfortable for some unknown reasons. The second Charlie's face flashed on th screen, his heart paced alarmingly fast. It was not his first time seeing this man, he's a fan of X-Hunter ever since and he knows Charlie but he never liked him the way he likes Way. So, all this is confusing him.

He gripped his shirt where his heart is and cursed under his breath. Nevertheless, he cheered for Way as much as he can, ignoring his uncontrollable heartbeat.

The race started and everyone on the section is rooting for different teams, betting even but he was only focused on X-Hunter, specifically, Way. Each round X-Hunter wins and in the end, despite the tension and doubt, X-Hunter emerged victorious with Charlie winning the team for this season.

Moments passed and he received a call from Alan saying he should come meet the team. Babe is stoked to say the least yet he didn't forget the lingering and uncomfortable feeling in his chest. He speeds off to where Alan is and he was greeted by the team except Charlie who isbeing interviewed somewhere.

"Hello, I'm Babe, and I'm really a super fan of X-Hunter!" He tries to sound as normal as possible.

"Nice to meet you, I'm North! Uncle has mentioned you a lot to us!" North cocked his brows at him, he's teasing.