Chapter 4: A New Cycle

Start from the beginning

"What was the curse?"

Gelda: "For Elizabeth, Eternal Reincarnation. Meliodas, Eternal Life. And Elizabeth's would cause her to die within three days after remembering her past lives."

Zeldris: "Meliodas would spend 3000 years meeting and falling in love with her and be forced to watch her die."

Elizabeth began to cry, and you clenched your fist so tight it begun to bleed.

Zeldris: "Then, Meliodas met six others that aided him to face the god that gave Elizabeth her curse, The Demon King."

"In other words, the Devil?"

Zeldris: "Bullseye. The battle was long and hard, but they won and managed to undo the curses on the lovers."

Elizabeth: "But I'm here, and I only was aware of anything after Y/N found me."

Zeldris: "I don't think your situation is a curse. I think it's someone using you both in a twisted game."

You grabbed your head as you began to remember something.

Gelda: "Y/N, what's wrong?"

"For days, I've been having nightmares. Could these actually be memories?"

Zeldris: "It's possible. And I think whoever is having those creatures involved in your lives is probably trying to weaponize demons for their use."

"If Elizabeth has been reincarnating after her curse was broken, where's Meliodas?"

Zeldris: "No clue. To be honest, I haven't seen them since we dealt with the forces of Chaos. So I'm assuming he's "expired" after the races were separated."

Gelda: "We're going to help you two. We might even be able to find out who's been sending the humans who were scouting the Demon Realm."

Zeldris: "Why don't you both just head home? I'll take care of your equipment, Y/N."

"Okay. See you later."

Elizabeth: "Bye."

You and Elizabeth went back to Hawkins and to a playground and sat at the swing set. You looks at Elizabeth and saw that she has a dulled expression.

"Elizabeth?"

Elizabeth: "Why are we being toyed like this? What have you and I done to deserve this?"

"I don't know, but I'm not going to let anyone harm you. Not anymore."

Elizabeth: "Promise?"

"Promise," you said as you held your pinky out.

Elizabeth held her pinky out and you joined your fingers together as you made the promise.

"I'm sorry that Meliodas is gone. I'm sure he would have loved to see you gain in this era."

Elizabeth put her hand on your cheek.

Elizabeth: "You are the one I love in this era, Y/N. You found me and gave me a home. I... I love you."

You shed a tear and leaned closer to her, and you shared a kiss with her as night fell upon Hawkins.