𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡𝟞 - 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈

Your phone was ringing in your pocket, but you neither cared to pick up, nor wanted to know who it was. Probably Kakucho.

They all are the same devils, just wearing different faces, because they were all manipulating me, so so well. Even him. I thought he wasn't like the others. But he was. And he can fuck right off, too.

The hand that was resting in your pocket to get rid of your coldness was gripping your phone, feeling it vibrate every now and then, but all you did was put in your airpods and start the music to take your mind off the nightmare that was called today. You lit up a cigarette, and took the same way home as the last time you left here, and you were glad no one came after you.

Those fuckers.. I should have known that they were manipulating me... But why did they do it? WHY THE HELL did they act like they care when they didn't? They just wanted me to do SOMETHING for them in the future... I have no idea what, and what that would have to do with my past.

The branches that broke as you walked on them, the leaves crinkling and the cars that were driving in the distance were drowned out by your music and your swift steps towards your home. At the same time that you turned to the bus stop that you took to get home the last time, your phone rang again.

FUCK'S SAKE WHO IS THIS.

You pulled out your phone to see Kazutora's messages pop up one after another, and as you read them you were tempted to call him right away, but decided to wait until you were home.

Kazu; 8.12 pm

>>"Hey - Was it you that told the police where to search for Takemichi?"

Kazu; 8.33 pm

>>"Call me back if you can - I need to know if it was you calling them..."

Kazu; 8.46 pm

>>"Why did you ask about Mikey when we talked back then?"

Shit shit shit... What do I say..

-------------------------------------------------

The knocks on the door were instantly answered with a short 'Come in.' from Mikey's room, and Sanzu stepped inside with a frown, but trying not to show it too much.

"She left. She knew we were trying to get her to talk about her past, and she probably knows we want her to do another thing. But she has no clue what it is so she asked me."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing."

"Are you lying?"

"No."

"Then get her to reveal everything, so we can finally begin with our plan."

"What exactly is the plan, Mikey?"

His face was written with confusion as Mikey started to talk in a quiet tone.

"We need her to let us vanish. Officially. If she was able to hide something big in her past, she may have the skill to do the same with us."

Sanzu was just listening with his hand resting on the metal doorknob behind him.

"She has to wipe everything off our list, then we can start over again. Start from zero, somewhere else where nobody can find us, or even trace us."

Mikey went over to Sanzu, standing in the doorway, the tension in the room grew as he got closer, and the only thing Sanzu did was nod at his order.

"Send over Ran and Rindou to get her back."

Mikey gestured for Sanzu to leave his room, which he gladly obeyed as he didn't know what was going on in his head at this moment. Their manipulation worked, but at what cost? He started to run his mind about how he'd wanted to change the things he did to you, but that was impossible.

His feelings were growing for you and he couldn't let you know, since Mikey would be observing every move of theirs, making sure they did their job right. But it wasn't all foul play, they really started liking you, whether they wanted to admit it or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------

You were unsure if you should call Kazutora after reading his text, but you decided it would be the best, so he get any more suspicious of you, and you could just clear things up. Should you lie? Hm... Maybe only tell him a bit of the truth...

The phone didn't even ring twice when Kazutora picked up and hurriedly thanked you for calling him back, even though you held back a sigh, because you didn't even know if you should tell him. If you tell him, he must remain silent, nobody can know you were the person that got the police on the right trail to Takemichi.

"Hey, Kazutora. What's up? Why'd you text me like a hundred times??", you sheepishly asked him, even though you knew the answer to that already. "Were you the one that gave the info about his location to the police??" He was waiting for you to respond, but you remained silent for a little too long and he pressed on. "Y/N, did you find out the location and did you tell the police?"

All you did was clear your throat before you braced yourself and finally the word left your mouth, which made you press your eyes shut in hopes of disappearing into thin air. "Yes. I was, but PLEASE - I BEG YOU - Don't tell anyone! Not even Takemichi. It needs to stay between us. I helped you, and now you help me in staying silent, okay?", you pleaded out, but now it was him that didn't say anything. It was almost as if you could have read his mind through the phone, but he agreed regardless of the consequences, he was just glad Takemichi was safe again.

"Okay. But please - stay safe, y/n.", he was indecisive about the question that popped up in his mind, but he asked nonetheless. "...Can you do me a favor?"-"Uhm... yes? Depends on what you want, though?", you exclaimed, but he told he just wanted to make sure he can count on you, if something happens with Hanma again, if he comes at him or Takemichi again. He just wanted to know if the offer still stands, that you'd be there if something happened to one of them.

"Sure, I told you, if something happens, give me a shout and I'll be there faster than you'll know.", you reassured him, but the uneasiness grew as you thought about something happening again.

At this point you were already stepping out the bus to walk to your apartment, but you had to hang up the phone as you entered inside and took the stairs to your front door. You fumbled with your keys until you got the right ones in your hand, but your body froze and you couldn't roll your eyes far enough at what, or better who you saw standing in front of your apartment.

The two figures stood there, looking you up and down, their usual business attire on but still leisurely leaning against the doorframe left and right. The annoyed expression on your face was not even bothering them in the slightest, more so it made their lips lift in amusement.

"Long time no see, doll.", Rindou chuckled out as he readjusted his position, crossing his arms on his chest, and Ran just smirked at you, without saying anything, his hands in his pockets.