𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟𝟠 - 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈

You brushed your suspicions away for now since it was shortly before the meeting would start, so you packed up your laptop, thinking about a way to bring up the transactions to Kazutora to find out more of what's going on behind the scenes, as you walked over to the meeting room with swift steps. As you were greeting everyone, you nodded to your boss for a silent greeting from a few feet away, but she probably noticed your bruises through your makeup, so she went over to you, pulling you away from the others gently by your arm.

Y/n, is everything okay? It seems you have a bruise on your jaw, I saw it peek through. Is the family emergency resolved?", she glanced over your face, her hushed voice and worried expression on her face showing she was genuinely caring for your wellbeing. „Yeah, it was a hard week, you know. Me and my boyfriend got into a car accident, and he sadly didn't make it...", you blankly lied to her face, but you couldn't tell her the truth either, that would shock her even more.

I'm getting better at this... Nothing to brag about, but... to be honest I didn't think I could make that up so quickly... Props to me I guess?

She gasped and put a hand over her mouth, her eyes widening in concern, mumbling out a ‚Oh sweety, I'm so so sorry for you...', following up with a louder, more serious voice. „If you need some time off again, don't hesitate to text me when you don't feel well..". You nodded with your glassy eyes and thanked her, before you sat down in the room, in between Kazutora and Leah on purpose. At least Kazutora. Leah was no one you really cared about, but she was nice, so you thought about a way to get some info from Kazutora.

I need to find out what the purpose of that money transfer is... What would be the best way to lure him into telling me why he transferred that big ass quote from the investor to his own bank account. Does someone even know?

Can I have a look at your work laptop, Kazu? I have some kind of problem with mine since I had opened the banking program, and I need to look something up in my data...", you put on the sweetest smile you had to offer, and brushed his arm with your fingers, fluttering your lashes at him in a flirty manner. He cleared his throat and was clearly flattered by your actions, so he just nodded and slid his laptop over to your place. While you were opening up all the folders in your employee server, you spotted a monitoring program you didn't know you still had saved on there, so it was just perfect, and you didn't need to figure out something else.

Yeah bitch... Just perfect. I love when things go the way I want them to, that just played right into my hands...

A small smug smile crept up on your lips, which you brushed away quickly again, now installing the program on his laptop, and turning to him again, waiting for it to finish. You leaned into his direction, resting your hurt jaw on the palm of your hand as good as you could, before your eyes studied his face and you whispered to him quietly. „Are you free this weekend? I wanted to go out to take my mind off things a little, so I thought maybe you wanted to come with me?", you followed up with a bright smile, and averted your gaze to Leah to your left, „...and maybe Leah, do you wanna come too?", you continued to ask her with your brows raised.

She nodded and already overheard your conversation with Kazutora, giving you pressed ‚Yeah, sure, why not?' before she sank into her seat again.

Yeah why not? Why not go out a little on friday...

You glanced to the screen, seeing that the program was now installed and running invisible in the background, and you slid the laptop back over to Kazutora, thanking him politely and working on your own screen again, also installing the program and checking your mails while your Boss was still preparing the powerpoint at the front of the table. After about two hours of just sitting there and listening to her explain the next projects, you were just about to fall asleep and startled awake again as her pencil fell to the glass table. The meeting was still going for another three hours, but right now it was time for a break, which you used for going for a cigarette.

I could wear that expensive dress that Kakucho got me when I go out on friday.. That would surely make the heads turn when I get into the club... I hope Leah won't wear anything similar, although she is much thinner than me, almost disappearing when she would hide behind a lamp post... I wonder how much she eats a day... weird. But nonetheless it's going to be nice getting my mind off of things.

It seemed as if the hours were going by in years, and the meeting bored you to death, when you were finally released in the afternoon you left the office building, a big yawn leaving your lips from the day tiring you more than you thought. „Bye, Kazu! Text me when you know where you want to go on Friday, and what time I should be there, right? I'll call you then, Leah, okay?", you smiled at them, as Kazutora nodded and waved you goodbye and Leah just shouted from the other side of the street to just call her when you knew when and where. You gave them a friendly wave as you made your way back to your apartment, and make a short stop at the shop to get groceries.

You grew a little nervous as you turned the street to the shop, because of the last incident that happened around here, but you brushed it off again, being the tough girl that you were, not being bothered by anyone. Switching your gaze from the ground to the shop, looking at all the stuff you wanted to get, grabbing a few items and putting them in your basket, and strolling back to the cashier. A small conversation started by the cashier distracted you from being too nervous and kind of soothed you a bit, until you bid him goodbye and left the store to get home again.

Your eyes were taking in every little movement around you, and you didn't even dare to put your Airpods in, in fear you wouldn't hear any kind of suspicious activity around you but as soon as you thought about it, you stepped foot inside your apartment again, craving another coffee and a cigarette. The smell of coffee now filled the room as you sat down on your balcony chair to take the first drag of the cigarette you took out of your pack, already thinking about logging into the monitoring program and checking out what Kazutora was doing.