I.

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐓𝐗

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐
𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧, 𝐓𝐗

𝚆𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚊

The keen and distinct sound of animated machine guns releasing bullets echoed through the small space of the living room, blaring from the speaker system that was attached to the mounted television

Wooda was positioned on the peeling leather couch, his eyes fixated on the screen in front of him as his thumbs moved skillfully over the buttons and joystick of his black PS4 controller.

COD: Modern Warfare was easily one of his favorite games to play. He never seemed to get tired of it either. If he wasn't playing that, then he was playing Madden NFL.

His younger brother Elijah - better known as 'Diggy' sat next to him with a small laptop resting on his lap. Diggy made an effort to look up every once in a while, to watch his big brother play.

Other than that, he was too busy doing his own thing on Roblox.

The locks to the apartment door could be heard becoming undone. Both boys looked at each other with a knowing expression. Their mother was home, which meant that the few hours of peace they'd managed to obtain was now over.

"Hey momma." Diggy was the first to speak, turning his neck to look at her as she walked in.

Wooda said nothing, continuing to focus on what he was previously doing.

"Hey my fucking ass," Monique cursed, cutting her eyes at the twelve year old. She struggled to carry the heavy H-E-B grocery bags in her hands, huffing out of frustration.

"I'm so sick of y'all, eating up all of this damn food. I literally just went to the store three days ago, ain't no way it should be gone already!" She exclaimed, her voice elevating.