Chapter 2 | Mission 'Keep an eye on Daddy dearest'

◈◉◈

◈◉◈

It had been three months since Rey and Jay met Fury and Hill and till now they were to only ones who knew about the two teens working with S.H.I.E.L.D.  After Rey knew Fury would not do anything remotely close to what HYDRA did to her she started to open up.

She started discussing strategies and showed them more files. Files with the data on what HYDRA was doing with Loki's sceptre. They were trying to create enhanced, so far they had not succeeded but they were getting close. The enhanced that failed died because the experiment did not exactly go the way HYDRA wanted.

Rey knew that they were two twins who were making progress but she did not tell Fury. She did not want him to get diverted from Project Insight. He already had enough to worry about as it is she could not tell him nor did she want to tell him. If she told him, she and Jay might end up in glass containment imprisoned since he would think she was one of them.

The two had been staying at a secret facility that was in a forest, driving distance from DC. It was a lot like the warehouse they had been staying in in New York. Rey plugged in V.E.R.O.N.I.C.A. into the system of the facility and started working on security installations like Face Recognition, thermal scan and a few booby traps.

 into the system of the facility and started working on security installations like Face Recognition, thermal scan and a few booby traps

She would go on a run to the Washington Monument every day along with Jay who would always be lagging behind. They would go to sleep by 9:00 and wake up at 3:30 get ready for the run and leave for the Washington Monument. "It's 3:30 wake up." V.E.R.O.N.I.C.A.'s voice was heard from the speakers. Rey yawned as she sat up and smacked her lips. She got out and brushed her teeth and hair before tying it up in a ponytail. She changed out of her pyjamas and into her workout clothes.

She would change her appearance so she would not get caught since Fury told her to stay in the facility but she was sure he knew that she and Jay would often leave it. Rey was running while Jay jogged at his own speed behind her. Rey heard someone running toward her, she glanced back just as a man ran past her "On your left." the guy said. She frowned he looked familiar she squinted through the glasses before smirking and picking up the pace.

"On your right." she said as she ran past him. The guy's widened in shock no one had ever outran him since the Super Soldier Serum. Rey glanced back with a grin and realised who it was. Steve Rogers. "Fuck." she cussed as she ran faster.